Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had similar when I insured the Carlsson, it was on a Classic Policy and did not accrue and NCD, as it was a second car, similarly my existing NCD couldn't be applied to the policy,

BUT,

they told me at the time and the policy was only £100.

L

·
0 Posts
I went to swift with 7 years NCD and left with 5 years as they only had a maximum of 5 so lost out on a years NCD, Insurance companies and brokers are a load of ............ <--- please insert chosen swear word :rant:

·
Registered
37,737 Posts
I went to swift with 7 years NCD and left with 5 years as they only had a maximum of 5 so lost out on a years NCD, Insurance companies and brokers are a load of ............ <--- please insert chosen swear word :rant:
A NCD is supposed to be valid for 2 years, so in theory you should still have the 7 years you had before when you go elsewhere.

A no claims discount is a No claims discount, you should only loose it if you make a claim.

(In theory)

·
Administrator
45,521 Posts
Whenever I've moved to an insurer that only goes to a lower number than I'm currently on, I've always claimed the correct higher number for quotes the next year. It's always been fine. When the new insurer asks for proof of NCD, I explain that my current one limits at 5, and they've always accepted it.

·
Regional Support, For South Scotland - AOSS
3,507 Posts
Whenever I've moved to an insurer that only goes to a lower number than I'm currently on, I've always claimed the correct higher number for quotes the next year. It's always been fine. When the new insurer asks for proof of NCD, I explain that my current one limits at 5, and they've always accepted it.
Lucky you, :mad:. I've never made a claim in 38 years of car ownership but my insurer from last year only recorded it as 5 years of NCB on my renewal notice. My current one's response was basically "Tough - that'll be another £60 please as your NCB isn't as high as you claimed in your online application" :rant:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts