Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wipers are too noisy (they shudder on the screen ) is this normal on this model?
What is the best replacement brand when I renew them? :confused: :confused:

W

·
0 Posts
Hi Scoob

One of the most discussed topics on here. Do a "search" for wipers and the answers will be there........to save everyone typing it all out again :D

There are blades available from Halfords and probably other places. Dealer blades ae £8.50 a pair.

Or this:

A conversion kit available from the Alfaownershop:

http://www.alfaowner.com/acatalog/155.html

wrinx

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
hijacking the subject slightly but has anyone noticed the blades on the 147 slightly like ours anyone tried em to see if they fit? wink

M

·
0 Posts
Don't know, but I was reading a bit in What Car a few months back and the driver of their long term 147 complained that the wipers juddered. Some things never change!!

V

·
0 Posts
Had AR wipers attached when I bought the car , removed them for the same reasons by champion wipers , never had any problem anymore. price for both was about 20€

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
since using rain wizard (halfords) on screen wipers dont judder it comes in a pink dildo like bottle with applicator

·
Registered
25 Posts
I lost the washers on my car last year, on investigating I found the wiper drive arm had been rubbing on the washer piping, rubbing through it and causing a leak. When I repaired the piping and put it all back together, I found the habitual wiper noise/juddering disappeared. This appears to be because I made sure the drive mechanism was no longer rubbing against the piping. When I was back in there (the original repair eventually broke down so I replaced the piping) again the juddering returned as I'd inadvertantly allowed the drive to touch the piping. On moving the piping to avoid the drive arm the wipers were fine again. Strange, for all the apparent power in the wiper drive it doesn't take much throw it off.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts