Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps

Anyone have any experience of Brake Squeal on the Spider/Brera? I have been to the garage a number of times about it and the first time they cleaned the brakes and pads which cured it for a little while, then the noise came back again. They have since told me that it can be sorted by doing lots of emergency stops and that they won't be carrying out any other mods on the car. It only happens with light pressure - just as you are approaching a set of lights usually. Getting annoying now!

Suggestions please?

JB :)

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
Hi chaps

Anyone have any experience of Brake Squeal on the Spider/Brera? I have been to the garage a number of times about it and the first time they cleaned the brakes and pads which cured it for a little while, then the noise came back again. They have since told me that it can be sorted by doing lots of emergency stops and that they won't be carrying out any other mods on the car. It only happens with light pressure - just as you are approaching a set of lights usually. Getting annoying now!

Suggestions please?

My 07 car used to do this, albeit with the bigger 4-pots as fitted to the diesel. They tried to fix it on about 4 occasions and never managed it - I gave the car back to Alfa with the problem outstanding!

·
Registered
3,402 Posts
Hi chaps

Suggestions please?

I've had this a lot with my Brera. Best advice seems to be 'drive it like you stole it', where safe, of course. Apparently light braking allows dust to accumulate causing the squeak. I've had mine cleaned many times but it soon comes back. So just go out & have some fun! :cool:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts