Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Does anyone have a noisy selespeed? Can hear gear changes when inside and outside of the car. Is this something to be concerned about.....I have a 2000 156 2.0TS?

·
Registered
86 Posts
Hi all. Does anyone have a noisy selespeed? Can hear gear changes when inside and outside of the car. Is this something to be concerned about.....I have a 2000 156 2.0TS?
I have the same and apparently its normal...
I asked the samething in a thread yesterday. It does sound quite kinda loud doesn't it. But i was told this was the sound of the selspeed engaging and disengaging gears in upshift and downshift.. I have no problems with my gear box and it drives fine. Not sure if yours is the same.
Can someone shed some light?

·
Registered
9,178 Posts
Don't forget it's effectively a manual gearbox with a unit to replace the clutch pedal. All manuals clunk ... some more than others and as they get older, most get more noisy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
noisy silly speed

I have the same and apparently its normal...
I asked the samething in a thread yesterday. It does sound quite kinda loud doesn't it. But i was told this was the sound of the selspeed engaging and disengaging gears in upshift and downshift.. I have no problems with my gear box and it drives fine. Not sure if yours is the same.
Can someone shed some light?

New to this guys....just registered today. Have a 04 156 2.0 JTS Silly and yes mine makes the same noise when shifting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts