Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

When I test drove my Spider prior to buying it, there was a rattle from the front hinge in the roof on the drivers side. The dealer said he would have it adjusted and he did.

The rattle has gone, but there is now (3 weeks later) a slight rattle from the same hinge but on the other side.

Should these be adjusted as a pair or individually?
Can anyone advise as to how to do this? (Manual is on order but not sure I'll survive until it arrives :lol: )

Any advice greatfully received

RR

·
Registered
115 Posts
You can adjust them individually to get the shut lines straight, it's an easy job to do (just make sure you don't do it too tight and stress the door glass)

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Fenris,

Thanks for that, do you have any instruction as to how to do it? I'm afraid that if I go in blind I'll only screw it up :cry:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Sorry - thought I'd posted a reply (obviously not).

I am assuming it's the actual windscreen clamp (as opposed to a hinge).

If you open the roof a little so it's at eye level when standing outside the car it's easier to see, there's an allen-head grub screw that stops the 'hook' from turning.

Basically, slacken the grub screw off and turn the hook (screw it in to increase the pressure on the roof seal), then do the grub screw back up again and that's it.. 5 minute job.

You 'could' count the exposed threads on the hook and compare each side....but as the adjustment is different for almost every car it's not neccessarily true to assume they'll be equal on each side..

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Fenris,

Many thanks, will have a play if it stops raining :rolleyes:

RR

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have a rattle from the hinge on the drivers side - the hinge that is roughly next to my ear when driving. It's quite annoying! Any tips on fixing it?

Thanks all.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Fenris,

Thanks for the simple instructions, adjusted it today and am now rattle free :)

RR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts