Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible for an oil filter which is roughly 8 months old to make any sort of noise at certain engine reving sounds? i'm not much of a mechanic myself and to be honest i'm not sure what's inside an oil filter exactly, but i thought if something in it broke free it might be vibrating noisily. I don't know.. anyone had a noisy oil filter in their 2.0L ts?

Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldnt think there is anything inside an oil filter that would cause this...?

Has the manifold/exhuast bracket broken? this is common on TS's and will make a vibration noise, it also in the same area as the oil filter...

I never heard of a noisy oil filter and i don't want to believe it either. I inspected the manifold and exhaust bracket and as far as i can tell it's as solid as a rock. I even took a big screw driver and hammered it gently to listen to any unusual sounds. But i think it's not broken, and there are no exhaust fumes comming out of the engine too. Well, i'm going to spend a couple of hours today trying to find it again, i'll be patient.

Thanks for the help ^_^

1 - 3 of 3 Posts