Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the weekend the Fan for my ac/heating etc made a really funny :wow: noise? the sound seems to come form the dash board / glove box. Any idea what the problem may be and if its a " easy " fix ?

:wow:

·
Registered
154 Posts
I think I have the same noise as you on my GT, sounds a bit like someone hoovering in another room.

Drives me mad.

I can get it to shut up for about a day, but it them comes back.

Let me know if you figure it out!

Good luck

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have had this in the past and it turned out to be small leaves catching in the fan blades ( how they got in there was a mystery)Remove the heater fan unit from under the dash on the nearside. It is held in place with a small self tapping screw. Twist the unit after removing the screw and it will drop out (bayonet type arrangement).
Hope this helps,
Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers Guys

:eek: Thats the exact noise it makes GT-Rich.

Markp2 is this a fairly easy to do ? ie can be done in a morning ?

Are there are details/pics on the forum and where / how to locate and carry out this job ?

·
Registered
725 Posts
Yes pretty easy.
Open passenger door. Get on your knees outside the car(!) and look up under the dashboard from the passenger footwell. You should see a black plastic cylinder shaped thing. Remove the fixing screw, twist (anticlockwise I think) about 15mm and it should drop out. I would disconnect the electrical connector to the unit first.
Have fun, Mark

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks again Mark ,

No if i only knew where the electrical connection to this unit was ;)

Can i access from inside or is it in the engine area

1 - 6 of 6 Posts