Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the Brera S for a week and the only downside (if you ignore the cost for a full tank of fuel:wow: ) has been a persistent creaking noise from the interior at the back of the car.

But I managed to find and fix the problem last night:) , so I thought I would share this with you in case anyone else has the same issue.

The noise was coming from where the leather panels below the rear quarter light windows go under the cloth covered panels that wrap around the rear pillars. I just squirted some silicone lubricant along each joint and also at the bottom of the panel where the pivot for the rear seats are located.

·
Registered
5,559 Posts
nice move! Noted for potential fixing.

Funnily enough the squeaking in early Breras was almost always traced to the seat belt buckle socket rubbing against the leather of the seat. As a result they started sticking pieces of furry material to the seat belt buckle sockets and hey presto, problem solved. My car came out of the factory with these squares of fabric attached.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was very impressed with the Brera being rattle free, so much so I bought one. You usually find the odd rattle or creak in a car but mine is totally quiet.

The seat belt buckles have that fluffy thing to stop the creaking, simple but effective.

·
Registered
11,624 Posts
No sqeaks on mine yet, but when I drive the GT it creaks & rattles (good job I palmed it off on Mrs B :lol: )

G

·
nice move! Noted for potential fixing.

Funnily enough the squeaking in early Breras was almost always traced to the seat belt buckle socket rubbing against the leather of the seat. As a result they started sticking pieces of furry material to the seat belt buckle sockets and hey presto, problem solved. My car came out of the factory with these squares of fabric attached.
Or do it yourself:

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa...9-10-000-miles-up-in-my-brera.html#post923136
:thumbs: ;)

·
Registered
559 Posts
Nothing yet but thanks for the tip. No other problems to report looking good. This thing is realy getting some attention.:thumbs:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts