Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi All,

I picked up my 147 JTDM on Sat and there is a noise coming from what I can work out to be the boot panel whilst in motion, has anyone else had this? and how can I solve it?
Its something like a squeking noise or rubbing cant explain it really and when I put a little pressure on the boot from the outside i can hear the same noise.

·
Registered
953 Posts
No problems with mine, could the parcel shelf be moving about, is you rear screen wiper washer & jet functioning? Have you checked nothing is loose in the spare wheel well.

There is not a lot more to check.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have checked the spare wheel well and anything that I thought could be loose, but I do get the noise when I push down on the boot when the car is stationary and cant figure out what it is

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had the same problem with mine. It turned out to be a bit of panel-rattle. One of the rubber buffers on the bootlid was squeaking when it was in the shut position. A tiny amount of silicone spray did the trick. If the rattle is more pronounced, try adding some kind of self-adhesive pad to the region where it makes contact with the car body when closed. There should be a circular sticker ther already. Worth a go.

·
Registered
7,033 Posts
Sounds like the tailgate needs adjusting. According to eLearn the rubber buffers on the underside of the tailgate are adjustable, but having looked at mine I can't be sure how that's done - possibly just screw them out a couple of millimetres (mine are screwed all the way in).

Alternatively you can adjust the lock striker; ideally, the striker & the stops should be adjusted in conjunction with each other so that the tailgate is held firmly closed & sits in the correct position relative to the opening.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply guys, ill give it a try in a bit and hopefully that will sort it out.
Its nothing severe but it is so annoying :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts