Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have some problems with my 2005 Alfa 147 1.9 jtdm.

When accelerating and decelerating some noises can be heard under the car(sometimes in front,sometimes between the rear and the front wheels,sometimes in the back).This noises also can be noticed when taking corners(no matter the angle).
The sound is similar with the one made by a metal bar hitting the tarmac,or two metal colliding(i don't think i described them verry well)

I went to allot of mechanics in my country,they verified all the screws,suspension ,engine's buffer's/tampons,thimbles,wheel's arms (inferior,superior),springs,etc and they couldn't find out where is the problem,what part is making that noise.

Have your ever experienced something like that or can you gave me an ideea of what is making that noise?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
So hard to diagnose noises, especially with the way you describe it.

Any amount of things can make a noise, but if it's happening while you're on a smooth road surface we can pretty much rule out suspension components.

That leaves driveshafts, inner/outer CV joints and brakes.

If you have the means can you record a video and put it on YouTube?

All the best

Pub

G

·
0 Posts
Might sound silly but the exhaust is the only thing that can move and bang on the front and rear subframes does it need new rubbers or maybe it's not fitted properly:confused:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts