Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi, my 156 has a noise from the front suspension at the exact moment the brakes bite. No noise with foot on brakes just this little "vump" noise when the car actually comes to a dead halt. Almost as if the suspension dipping at that split second the brake actually halts the car is clunking, its not a loud noise just a gentle whump which can also be felt on the floor. It sounds like its coming from the driver side only, any ideas welcome before i do some investigation.
Thanks in advance, Pete:p

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
The noise you describe sounds a bit like what my 155 does under hard breaking when I come to a stop. Just as everything stops. After you've breaked if you reverse and put you foot lightly on the break can you hear a little click. As if the pads are moving slightly.If you can then its the tensioners on the pads which have got a little tired allowing pad movement in the caliper. I put new pads in mine and it stopped the click and the vump noise but the vump noise came back after a couple of thousand miles. Just pad vibration by my guess. Hope that helps.:)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts