Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Guys!
My MiTo is 8000km and it has always done some Noise/Rattle on the front suspension. It happens only when going over bumpy roads. It gets worse when tires are too inflated. It feels like if the bumper where loose or as it had something loose on it. I thought about something wrong on suspension, but it has always done the same, but dealer is 700km far away from home.
Anyone has/had the same? My wheels are 17" (225/45 17)
Cheers!

-Marco

·
Registered
573 Posts
i thought:

"700 miles?! you do realise you can go to any dealer dont you..."

then i saw your location ;)

there many mitos in argentina?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i thought:

"700 miles?! you do realise you can go to any dealer dont you..."

then i saw your location ;)

there many mitos in argentina?
Yes, dealer is quite far away from where I live. There are some Mitos here, Alfa Romeo is one of the most expensive premium brands in Argentina. It is more exclusive and expensive than a Merc, Bmw or Audi. A Mito 155Tbi Distinctive costs nearly 40.000 US dollars. In the 90`s Argentina was the second biggest market for Alfas after Italy.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes, dealer is quite far away from where I live. There are some Mitos here, Alfa Romeo is one of the most expensive premium brands in Argentina. It is more exclusive and expensive than a Merc, Bmw or Audi. A Mito 155Tbi Distinctive costs nearly 40.000 US dollars. In the 90`s Argentina was the second biggest market for Alfas after Italy.
not surprised it is popular - lots of italian migrants in argentina. used to know the grandson of De Tomaso supercar fame - who is argentine but that is another story

·
Registered
489 Posts
Not sure if this is the answer you are looking for. Our Mito has been in twice to have the brake caliper pins greased . We do still have this problem on very rough roads, [plenty here!] .:thumbs:

·
Registered
573 Posts
could it be the plastic flaps under near each wheel scraping the ground? mine doesn't need to go over anyhting much bigger than a drain and they scrape and clunk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Checked the flaps, they are not the ones causing the noise.
Gazab, Is there any way to check if the brake pins are causing the noise?

B

·
0 Posts
Top suspension mounts have gone on a few cars think the punto suffers from the same issues.

Try a search for the mounts and i'm sure there will be more info about them.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Checked the flaps, they are not the ones causing the noise.
Gazab, Is there any way to check if the brake pins are causing the noise?
Yes just remembered , if you hit the tire with the palm of your hand[quite hard] you will here a rattle/ knock. Do this on both sides, hope you get sorted.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
by the wayt mate, how did u sort the rattle of the glove box? its still driving me mental
I used a screwdriver to align the catch inside the glovebox and some tape on it. I did the same thing posted here on some posts. Try that first, and see if it works
Hope it helps

1 - 14 of 14 Posts