Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car key was in MAR position and while changing the headlight bulb I could hear a buzz that I can only describe as an electrical buzz. It seemed to be coming from what I think is a little sensor just above the top plenum where the V6 24 V sign is embossed. Is this something normal?

Thanks in advance

Abs

Attachments

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
There's even more noise in the engine bay when the engine is running :)

The sound you've noticed is probably the electronic throttle (key on, engine not running). If you step on the accelerator, you'll probably hear the sound change. It should be more of a whine than a buzz, and a few seconds after key-on, there are probably a few loud clacks.

-Alex

·
Registered
416 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Alex. I had a feeling it was something to do with nothing being wrong. Always good to learn something new. It was a whine now that you mention it, only buzz was coming to mind at the time.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Good one - it's always worth being alert to any noises and what is normal or not :)

I remember when I got my first Spider, I thought there must be something wrong with the 'roof motor' because of the awful noise it made at the end when the roof edge is locked down. Then I discovered there were two separate motors responsible for winding down the pins, and like you, I realised "they all do that, sir."

-Alex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts