Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've had my mito for 2 weeks, had no problems as such with it, loving the car :) .
Taking it back to the dealer tommorow to have the steering wheel bezzel replaced as one of the clips was broken (theve ordered the part for me).
However I spoke to them on the phone to confirm this....all good!, whilst on the phone I mentioned that a noise is coming from the fan (passengers foot well), they have said theyll have a look no problem, but they recon its just a leaf stuck (common thing apparenetly).
Anyone come across this before haha! :confused:

·
Registered
79 Posts
So, I've had my mito for 2 weeks, had no problems as such with it, loving the car :) .
Taking it back to the dealer tommorow to have the steering wheel bezzel replaced as one of the clips was broken (theve ordered the part for me).
However I spoke to them on the phone to confirm this....all good!, whilst on the phone I mentioned that a noise is coming from the fan (passengers foot well), they have said theyll have a look no problem, but they recon its just a leaf stuck (common thing apparenetly).
Anyone come across this before haha! :confused:
Yes, if you search this forum its quite a common problem. They get sucked into the vents, I guess they break up eventually?

·
Registered
38 Posts
They usually do. Had the same issue with previous cars and on the MiTo a coupe of weeks ago; it sorted itself within a couple of days. To avoid the issue try to clear leaves away before they have a chance to dry out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noisy Fan

Yes I had the same myself and it shook the whole car on high setting.

The helpful Dealer said that it was not covered under warranty which I disagree with as it is a design fault so I had a go myself.

You need a torch and small socket/torx set and can get to it all laying on your back in the passenger footwell.

looking up you will need a small socket to undo the bolt nearest the glove box which holds a section of horizontal ducting on. once the bolt is undone gently lower it and it comes away easily.

Undo the four electrical connectors to the fan and then about 5 torx screws that holds the fan in making sure to support it when taking out the last screw. Lower it remove the offending items and refit. It takes no more than 20 minutes to complete the task.

If you are near Derby and want a hand please PM me and I will help you.

John

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It happened after 2 weeks of me owning the car.

The dealership in which i bought the car from happily fixed it (removed the leaves)

Not sure if this was covered under warranty or if they decided to do it under good will.

All fixed now, so no annoying noise :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
It takes no more than 20 minutes to complete the task.
+1. It's a pretty simple task if you happen to have the right screwdriver bits! Just make sure you do the screws back up tightly otherwise the fan unit becomes another rattle... :)

Does seem a bit of a crap design though - has anyone added anything to catch leaves etc. before they get stuck in the cage shaped bit?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts