Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has the same problem with their sat nav in the Giulia. In mine a do not get a warning when I drive up to a speed camera although I have
set it up to warn me.The sat nav is the Alfa connect 8.8" tom tom.To set it up you have to Press, options ,then select Navigation,then Warnings,then press Speed camera alerts
until it displays"On map and acoustic"which I have done but when I drive up to a Speed Camera it is acoustically silent. Anyone have the same problem?Does everyone's work?
Regards.Jal

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Check your audible warnings volume level, jalber. You may have the facility turned on, but the volume level may be set to zero.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Isn't it a speed limit warning based on your speed vs posted limit taken from TomTom's map database?
Depends which country you're in. I do get an audible warning of cameras in UK. I didn't when I was in France.

I don't get an audible warning of exceeding the limit. That I guess is just how I've got it set up.

Andy

·
Registered
38,319 Posts
Yeah, the UConnect in the Jeep here just gives an over-speed warning. (You can set the margin or switch it off.)

Systems that give accurate traffic cam warnings to within a few 10s of yards (or better) are illegal here.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
jeeper It has a visual speed limit warning for the road i am driving on,ie 30mph and turns red if i go over.
Hamfisti ive been into sound settings and put turned them up to no avail,even put them back to factory
settings still no sound when approaching speed camera.starting to think something not connected?

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I may be remembering this incorrectly but does it not only highlight / beep for cameras if you have a programmed route active as opposed to just in general driving ?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I may be remembering this incorrectly but does it not only highlight / beep for cameras if you have a programmed route active as opposed to just in general driving ?
Yes this is correct. The Giulietta was different and would chime regardless of having a route in place.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Brooking you were right ive just put a route in and it and it warns at 500yds on the distance bar
and gives an alarm at 300yds and count downs to the Camera.Many thanks everyone,jalber

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Its pretty poor that the warnings only come up with a route planned. Should be an option to have them on all the time for general driving. A simple update would sort that, or is there a legal reason (cant think of any in this country) that prevents it.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Its pretty poor that the warnings only come up with a route planned. Should be an option to have them on all the time for general driving. A simple update would sort that, or is there a legal reason (cant think of any in this country) that prevents it.
My Giulietta alerted regardless of having a route planned so I dont think there can be any reason why this couldnt work the same way in the Giulia. I guess the uConnect system does offer this while the custom AR system used in the Giulia does not for whatever reason.

·
Registered
247 Posts
hearing the same beep beeps for the same speed cameras every day gets pretty annoying
IIRC you could turn the volume right down on the nav if you didnt want to hear them. A number of owners reported (on the Giulietta) that the alerts didnt work and it was because their volume was turned right down.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
hearing the same beep beeps for the same speed cameras every day gets pretty annoying
Are you suggesting that's why its not available? As alfa are so considerate that they don't want beeping to annoy you when you could just turn the sound off or that specific warning off?

Perhaps for once you could admit they have overlooked what should be a feature that most without an agenda would find useful!

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Some speed cameras give you a big flash in your rear view mirror as a warning, but thats as you have just passed then. Dont know if thats any help.:scratchchin:

·
Registered
38 Posts
IIRC you could turn the volume right down on the nav if you didnt want to hear them. A number of owners reported (on the Giulietta) that the alerts didnt work and it was because their volume was turned right down.
On the Giulia, the warning beeps are independent of the Navigation Volume. You can set the volume to zero and you still get them, something which I find handy given that you have to select a route to get the warning beeps in the first place!

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
it is a very very simple observation and one drawn from personal experience that ...

i really should not have to start World War III over that
if your on the same route over and over and thus no where they are you can turn the sound off for them...not rocket science. The benefit of having them when no route is entered is far greater than the minor inconvenience of turning the warning sound off when on familiar routes. An oversight by Alfa that i imagine will be rectified in an update on would hope.

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
if your on the same route over and over and thus no where they are you can turn the sound off for them...not rocket science. The benefit of having them when no route is entered is far greater than the minor inconvenience of turning the warning sound off when on familiar routes. An oversight by Alfa that i imagine will be rectified in an update on would hope.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just an observation but why would you need a route planned in the sat nav on a regular journey when you know it so well that the speed camera alerts become annoying? :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts