Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a rear left light unit to match the quite white one on the right hand side.

Anyone got one please?

Cheers,

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
difficult things to match up...the new ones have no white at all (although you could buy 2 new ones!....bloody expensive though!)

Not sure how up to date this page is, but scroll down to see a light unit (he has two).price is as cheap as chips as it is swiss francs........if you don't want them I'll go for them myself just in case I get a rear prang:)
Alfa Oldtimer Alfa Romeo Rickenbach ZH Winterthur Stalder Moser Alfa reparaturen

(above belongs to these people: Alfa Oldtimer Alfa Romeo Rickenbach ZH Winterthur Stalder Moser Alfa Reparaturen Alfa Ersatzteil Alfa Romeo Spider Alfa Romeo Bertone Alfa Romeo GTV Alfa Romeo occasion Alfa Romeo Service Mietauto Alfa Romeo mieten oldtimer mietenAlfa Oldtimer Alfa R)

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
No, the Bertelsbeck ones will be the new (red) ones.

I would simply email him ([email protected]) and say he lists 2 used rear lights advertised on his website for the S4 spider and you'd be interested in purchasing them. Maybe ask if they both match in colour, as he only shows one and include the link to the parts in your mail.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Email sent. Translated into French & German....lol

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reply I got:-

Dear Mr Addison

Thank you for your interest.

Used only for the time left available.

New parts are left and right available.

For further questions we are happy to help.

Sincerely,

Urs Stalder

So, by left does he mean the side I'm looking for?

Failing that, are the new ones (Carello) still available? I think I need a light board too as the bulb holders in mine are very corroded :(

·
Super Moderator
9,437 Posts
I've placed a new stickied thread in this lounge for sales and wants. Hope that helps you get sorted out, Simon.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
The reply I got......Used only for the time left available.
So, by left does he mean the side I'm looking for?
Failing that, are the new ones (Carello) still available? I think I need a light board too as the bulb holders in mine are very corroded :(
sounds like he means 'at this time, only a used left side available'.
New ones, wherever you source them, will all be the reddish type (as seen on the right in the photo), but even they do not come with the circuit boards.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Simon, whats the problem with the bad light - its hard to tell from the photos? Is it that you have one of the red ones or is it one of the white ones that has become tarnished and dirty looking?

I ask because if it is just tarnished then you can clean them up. I managed to get a s/h white one (I think the picture SS4 posted may be my car when I had mis-matched lights) but it was pretty dull. I cleaned it up with a headlamp cleaner kit and it came up well.

The kit was a Turtle Wax headlight lens restorer.

Attachments

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The unit is cracked & has filled with water. It's mouldy / discoloured from the inside.

The circuit / light board has rusted.

That left one looks a good match so I'll ask him:)

·
Regional Support, For Lincolnshire - AOL
16,322 Posts
I've placed a new stickied thread in this lounge for sales and wants. Hope that helps you get sorted out, Simon.
:thumbs: Nice one J.

·
Registered
30,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Right. No joy in acquiring a replacement so took the unit out tonight (it was waterlogged again), put it in the sink (not the electrics), chucked a load of Vanish oxy action in, a drop of bleach, some hot water & gave it a good shake. Left to soak & repeated and it now looks really good.

In the airing cupboard overnight to dry thoroughly now.

Will have to try to work out how the water is getting in now. There's a small chunk out of the rounded corner which I can sort and then I'll carefully apply a thin bead of glue / sealer to all join points.

Fingers crossed!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts