Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2015 Quad Verde configured for the Mexican market. My question concerns the Uconnect 5” audio system. When I click the “media” button, I get the standard screen which, if I select “source”, in turn, has four buttons to select: CD, Aux, USB, and Bluetooth.

The only two buttons on the screen that work are CD and Bluetooth. So, the USB button doesn’t light up. If I insert a USB cartridge into the USB port, nothing happens. If I have a CD playing it continues, ignoring the USB.

It is easy to remove the module containing the USB and AUX ports from between the seats. I did so, and the wire connections to the USB and AUX ports appear in order.

I am suspicious about the integrity of the USB port itself. Why? The cartridge seems loose in the port. Some cartridges more than others. Could a defective port be the reason the USB doesn’t light up on the screen or play if I select it as the source? How do I confirm it is the port that is defective?

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
I think the USB memory should be formatted as FAT32 else the system can't read the files.
Furthermore only up to 64GB memory can be used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Henrik for your response. I don't think I have used much memory. How do you check the format to confirm it's FAT32 (whatever that means)?

I guess you are saying if the memory is overloaded, the USB won't play. But why does the CD work, then?

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,190 Posts
If you format the USB memory from Windows using Windows explorer, you can select if it should be formatted as NTFS, FAT or FAT32.
Then select FAT32.
When you format the memory, everything on it will be deleted so save the content to your computer first if you importent stuff you want to save
After you have formatted the memory to FAT32, you can copy your music files to the memory and try again if Uconnect will recognize the memory.

Regaring 64GB, the toltalesize of the USB memory you connect must not exceed 64GB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts