Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A strange thing happened after my GTV recieved GTA clutch an flywheel + Q2. The car lost speedometer readings, lost odometer and no ABS. At the same time the ABS symbol and exclamation mark symbol on dashboard is lit.
I know that P2 cars take this information from ABS sensors. Therefore checked all the connections on them , all looks fine. Tachometer is still working fine. Connected the car to Bosch dagnostics, got these errors:
P1314 Rough road recognition. detector signal improbable.
U1601 CAN bus engie compartement faulty.
Running out of ideas what to check, what to do!?:(

J

·
0 Posts
from experience i would say your ABS module has gone....

I have had this in the past, not with an Alfa thought, with a vauxhall, speedo failed, no ABS and no odomenter as well as anything else that relies on the speed sensor side of the ABS

·
Registered
109 Posts
posted this in another thread too but i just had the same problem and disconnecting the battery for half hour has seemed to clear it. Whether it will come back is another thing but it then sugests something electrical or ECU wise rather than something which has broken or fell off somewhere ;)

·
Registered
52 Posts
:confused: Did you find a fix for this?

A strange thing happened after my GTV recieved GTA clutch an flywheel + Q2. The car lost speedometer readings, lost odometer and no ABS. At the same time the ABS symbol and exclamation mark symbol on dashboard is lit.
I know that P2 cars take this information from ABS sensors. Therefore checked all the connections on them , all looks fine. Tachometer is still working fine. Connected the car to Bosch dagnostics, got these errors:
P1314 Rough road recognition. detector signal improbable.
U1601 CAN bus engie compartement faulty.
Running out of ideas what to check, what to do!?:(

·
Registered
5,002 Posts
I seem to recall something about needing to disable the traction control if you fit a Q2? Does the characteristic of the diff mean you get front wheel speeds which are different to what the ECU expects?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, problem was fixed. Found one loose (-) cable supplying ground to ABS block. Fixed everything after connecting the cable and restarting car (turning key on off) .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts