Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I've got a problem with the radio in my 2006 Brera 3.2 V6 Q4 (original head unit). Without fail at around an hour of being on (whether listening to the radio or a CD), I get silence :confused:

If I try and use the reset option via the menu, this sometimes makes the sound come back but then within around 30 seconds or so, I'm back to silence. If the ignition is turned off and then back on again, this usually gets it back to playing for an hour but not always, which further intrigues me...

Has anyone ever heard of this issue before?

Cheers

Paul

N

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AO. :)

There haven't been any reported issues for this HU before, iirc.

Do you have Bose or B&M?

Maybe time to replace it? :(
(And take the opportunity to upgrade the speakers at the same time...?)

;)

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a similar issue on my Nissan Navara. After about an hour, the head unit would get too hot and switch off on its internal heatsink thermostat. Only way to reset it was to turn off the ignition and restart.
Might be the head unit thermostat or an amp overheating.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well, I just retrofitted a ConnectNav to my 159. While pushing it back in its frame yesterday, I damaged the 12V ignition cable a little, which was on the side of the nav (not behind). My satnav worked a little, but stopped every (I think) 15 minutes, because without the ignition cable, it failed to connect to the CANbus and switches itself off after a couple of minutes (battery protect).

To me, it sounds your radio doesn't get always the ignition signal, so somewhere a bad cable or whatsoever?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi everyone

Thanks for the responses so far.

Stevolution - I think it may well be something to do with overheating, to be honest, although I would have expected the whole unit to cut out rather than just the sound.

pwaes - I have checked the wiring and it all seems fine from what I can tell...

Nev - I fear you may be right! Good opportunity to upgrade perhaps? :) Everything in there at the moment is factory-fitted standard. It's a 2006 model so no B&M or anything fancy with the ICE

Cheers

Paul

1 - 5 of 5 Posts