Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you will know our household was blessed with a new addition recently.....and obviously, as a severely over-protective parent I have the place set up like Fort Knox......security and alarm systems all over the place telling me exactly whats going on with the bambino. Anyway, one of these systems is a Tommy Tippee monitor system with a pad that slips under the babies matress and detects her heartbeat (it ticks every time it senses anything) anyway at about 11pm it stops ticking and 20 secs later a blisteringly loud alarm goes off..........shot out of bed in blind panic...999 already dialed into the phone......trousers on and car keys in hand all by the time the wife had picked the baby up.....needless to say she was sound asleep and seemed fine.
The bloody sensor pad had only gone and failed hadnt it (at only 1 month old). The rest of the night was spend on a chair next to her moses basket watching her chest rise and fall.....:rant: .....If i hadnt had the thing in the first place i'm sure i wouldnt have been so paranoid :( Sooo tired today :(
Swift call to the manufacturer this morning and after explaining that if i didnt get a new one delivered within 24 hours they would have an extreemly tired, ratty and over protective parent on their office doorstep, they phone our local Argos (where it was bought from) and arranged for me to pick up a new one today :thumbs:

Technology making our lives easier??? My **** it is :rant:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
P

·
0 Posts
I never bothered with anything more intrusive than a baby monitor and sometimes I even turned that off.

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
We all have our reasons for utilising the available techno stuff thats available these days. Some just need piece of mind, some have more personal reasons.

Rafe005, if you need it, you use it. Sending hugs to the little madam, hope she gives you many sleepless nights, listening for the gurgling and farting. :thumbs:
I think there is a clip of Billy Connolly on You-tube about the very subject.

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We all have our reasons for utilising the available techno stuff thats available these days. Some just need piece of mind, some have more personal reasons.

Rafe005, if you need it, you use it. Sending hugs to the little madam, hope she gives you many sleepless nights, listening for the gurgling and farting. :thumbs:
I think there is a clip of Billy Connolly on You-tube about the very subject.
:lol: yeah she farts just like her dad, long and loud...i'm so proud :D

P

·
0 Posts
If it's any consolation my boy didn't sleep well at all. I was up twice a night until he was 18 months old :(

By then I was a total wreck. I think I had two nights when he slept through and I rushed through each morning expecting the worse :(

He's still a little bugga and he's 17 this year :lol:

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Hi Rafe,
sorry to hear about your sleepless night ( one of many i suspect:)) I think it was me that recommended that tommy tippee moniter to you, in a thread several months ago:eek:

Our one never let us down and i must say that it was great for peace of mind .
We have just stopped using the motion sensor as she is moving around the cot now , but it will be going in the cupboard in case we are blessed with any more "little smashers"

:D

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I hope I haven't been misunderstood?
Just asked a question.
No, it was a fair question :)

Note to self: One child is plenty.
I'm starting to think that way myself

Hi Rafe,
sorry to hear about your sleepless night ( one of many i suspect:)) I think it was me that recommended that tommy tippee moniter to you, in a thread several months ago:eek:

Our one never let us down and i must say that it was great for peace of mind .
We have just stopped using the motion sensor as she is moving around the cot now , but it will be going in the cupboard in case we are blessed with any more "little smashers"

:D
Yes it was you, you bugger :rant:

Get used to it:p

Said tongue-in-cheek but it will be the first of many I suspect.
Yeah thanks a lot, i'll pass your comment on to the wife :lol: You may get a late night visit from a hormonal, tired, axe wielding psychopath of a woman in the next few days though :p:lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
I guess I've been lucky with my two - both slept through the night - only waking @ about 1am which was about the time I used to go to bed anyway so no issues. certainly never used electronic gadgets but i can understand why some parents do.

Good luck with the sleep

D

·
0 Posts
I reckon I'm gonna be like this if and when I have kids, at least until they're a few years old anyway, gotta make sure the bambino's are all good, :thumbs: Try and get some shut eye tonight though Rafe, can't be doing without your sleep, :tut:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I reckon I'm gonna be like this if and when I have kids, at least until they're a few years old anyway, gotta make sure the bambino's are all good, :thumbs: Try and get some shut eye tonight though Rafe, can't be doing without your sleep, :tut:
Cant :cry: I have the baby in with me over the weekends so mrs can catch up on sleep in the spare room, and I have a race on sunday, should be entertaining, had to pull out of the last one cos my reaction times were so slow :(

1 - 20 of 22 Posts