Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help. my spider has no rear ,side or clock lights. i have no power at lights, fuses or relay., i have changed bulbs fuses and sidelight relay. i do not know what to do next.:eek:

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
If you have a multimeter, try the following checks ( this assumes phase 1 ) :

1) Check the input of the sidelight relay ( probably pin '30' ) for 12v. It should be permanently live. If you don't have 12v there, then there's probably a wiring fault at the fusebox.

2) With the steering column cowl off, check for 12v on connector A pin 2 ( should be an orange wire ) at the column stalks. The ignition needs to be ON. Connector A should have 4 wires as follows - Blue, Orange, White and Purple. If you don't have 12v you need to check the key operated supply cutoff relay I108 for input and output and the wiring between it and the stalks.

3) Still with the ignition on, check for 12v at the stalk connector D pin 3 ( yellow wire ) with the sidelight switch ON . If you don't have 12v on D3, you probably have a faulty stalk. Connector D has 3 wires as follows - White-Black, Grey and Yellow. There is one unused wire position. To confirm a faulty stalk, disconnect connectors A & D and use your multimeter to do a continuity test between A2 & D3 whilst turning the sidelight switch.

Hopefully that'll isolate the problem but if not, come back and I'll have another think.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanks i will try, this week. if i still find nothing, it might be time to see a auto electrian . thanks again

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oops eletric man, pointed out, i had put sidelight relay,into wrong slot.should be a gap, between relay e and relay f. only good thing, was he would not take any money,from the village idiot.:confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts