Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator. ?? ?? Devoid of gorm.
7,609 Posts

·
Administrator. ?? ?? Devoid of gorm.
7,609 Posts
It's just not in the 'spirit' of things though, is it??

....oh, the glory days..

View attachment 134118
View attachment 134121
View attachment 134120
I have to disagree with you on this one Sparks.
I like to see progression in motorsport. Look at how F1, WRC, and Touring cars have developed over the years. Sometimes it's not been the right way forward and the sports have changed rules to counteract such developments. (Group B Rally cars) But on the whole, I think developments in new technologies in motorsport are what makes it so interesting and exciting.

Think of the 'Bentley boys' and how Sir Henry 'Tim' Birkin with his 'Blower Bentleys' competed at LeMans. Wasn't at all bad for the sport IMO. ;)

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to disagree with you on this one Sparks.
I like to see progression in motorsport. Look at how F1, WRC, and Touring cars have developed over the years. Sometimes it's not been the right way forward and the sports have changed rules to counteract such developments. (Group B Rally cars) But on the whole, I think developments in new technologies in motorsport are what makes it so interesting and exciting.

Think of the 'Bentley boys' and how Sir Henry 'Tim' Birkin with his 'Blower Bentleys' competed at LeMans. Wasn't at all bad for the sport IMO. ;)
I know you're right mate :thumbs:

I'm affraid I'm a bit of a philistine when it comes to cars and motorsport......to me 'speed and power' shouldn't be associated with a push for 'Eco friendly' ideals.

Big power, lots of burnt fuel, that's what I like :eek: :lol:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts