Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Brera from dealer.

Tried putting sat nav on through the lighter socket and there is no power. No lights illuminated. As the dealer is a 100 mile round trip - should I try changing the fuse?

Does anyone know which fuse it is and where I would get one? :)

·
Registered
72 Posts
It's only on when the key is in the ignition, not all the time. Check the cigar lighter plug on the satnav cable first to see if that has a fuse in it, some do.

If the fuse really has gone then it is most probably behind the drop-down panel below / right of the steering wheel. There should be spares of each rating there and also and some grippy things for getting hold of the fuse to pull it out. If it's not there it will be in the fuse box on the battery or even in the boot under the panel marked, wait for it, 'fuse'.

The manual should tell you what rating the fuse is and where it is. Push comes to shove, pull them out one at a time and look at them - a blown fuse has an obvious gap in the conductor. get new fuses at Halfords and the like.

HTH

John

N

·
0 Posts
Quick check: Does the cig lighter heat up?

I can't remember there being a light in there.

·
Registered
1,564 Posts

I was going to ask a similar question.

There is a red light around the lighter that shows when you put your key in. Mine lights up, but it doesn't heat up the lighter or power my TomTom.

It did a couple of weeks ago, but then I found my two year old had put a load of coins in it. Once I'd got them out, it no longer worked. I'm assume/hoping it's just a fuse at the moment...

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

No it does not heat the lighter either.

Going to try the fuse option this morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts