Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Poor old Ballsy. He's never going to escape the tourettes thing as long as he lives - a masterstroke by Cameron.

On the subject in hand, I'm amused that something that the nanny, hand-holding Labour party couldn't ever have implemented is actually something for which they will be eternally grateful to the let-them-eat-cake, (you're) all going to share the pain Tories, should they get re-elected at the next general election.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
You're repeating an insult that's offensive to disabled people. Let's not.

Too right ... I feel think it is unfair on people who have torrettes to be compared to Ed Balls ;)

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Your intention is humorous, not offensive.

However, anyone with Tourettes or other disability is likely to be upset at their condition being used as a joke or insult.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Your intention is humorous, not offensive.

However, anyone with Tourettes or other disability is likely to be upset at their condition being used as a joke or insult.

Offence is taken NOT given ... it is not up to you (someone who doesn't have the disability) to define the moral compass for this joke ...

... speaking of Jokes ... Ed Balls, I can't believe that Labour have actually said that they (now) agree with the debt reduction activity, even if it is the correct way forward (which it clearly is) there job in opposition is to try and find alternative ways to approach the problem not just agree :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Offence is taken NOT given ... it is not up to you (someone who doesn't have the disability) to define the moral compass for this joke ...
Ah, that old AO chestnut - you can't be offended unless you have a direct interest. I've never understood that one e.g.

I take offence at bullying (I'm not bullied)
I take offence at blatant misogyny (I'm not a woman)
I take offence at racism (I'm not in an ethnic minority)
I am offended by xenophobia and bigotry, but have never been a victim of either

I don't particularly take offence at disability humour (in fact I secretly find tourette's quite funny - especially the shouty, sweary type*) but don't see why I shouldn't. :confused:

* and I wouldn't ask anyone offended by that remark if they were afflicted.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Ah, that old AO chestnut - you can't be offended unless you have a direct interest. I've never understood that one e.g.

I don't particularly take offence at disability humour (in fact I secretly find tourette's quite funny - especially the shouty, sweary type*) but don't see why I shouldn't. :confused:

That is fine, however my point was that Sterzo was attempting to "give offence" to people with Torrette's ...

·
Banned
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Do you not take offence at Norfolk jokes then ? :p

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Its just that I have not had my location on for ages, not since we used to swap Essex and Norfolk jokes and ................oh I geddit - mum's the word. ;)

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
Was that Balls that said 'We've had a bad little run' the other day?

Whoever it was sounded like a sub Ron Manager soccer pundit.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts