Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Feb 2017 Alfa Rosso, Fiat 500e Apr 2021
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just emailed Naz to register my dissatisfaction that TH White had postponed my service booked for tomorrow at less than 24 hours' notice because there are no Quadrifoglio oil filters available in this country and it will take several days to get one from Italy.

Guess what!

I got an automatic response that Naz no longer works for FCA. There was no indication who has taken over from her.

One might surmise she's done so well with Alfa, she's moved on to bigger and better things. Or ...

Andy

Reactions: bucketbot

·
AO Detailing Car Of The Year 2020 Winner
4,235 Posts
Hope they put someone more competent and more importantly someone with some sense to make decisions that actually benefit sales and the brand

Perhaps the dealer should buy it from ebay! :yikes:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Giu...d-Selenia-Digitek-0W40-8Litres-/273014165464?

or

https://www.shop4parts.co.uk/?name=store&op=Details&ProdID=22767&sku=273241

How ridiculous though... surely the dealer should have ordered the required service parts well in advance. This is not Alfa's fault but the dealer IMO.

Reactions: trashbat

·
Registered
121 Posts
Might not be the dealer's fault or even Alfa UK on this occasion.

I was talking to the Service Manager at my dealers yesterday regarding the Quadrifoglio Ecu water ingress matter, and he said getting parts could be quite slow at the moment because Alfa/FCA are re locating their warehousing facility in the UK. He also said that rather than just moving the stock from one UK facility to another the whole lot was first being shipped back to Italy. An Italian decision surely?

That's not much comfort to anyone waiting for parts but at least it's a potential reason for the delay.

As to Naz I don't know, but I got three Christmas cards from her - one on the 28th Dec and two more about a week later. Nice cards though!

·
Registered
57 Posts
i have some sympathy with the dealer. Its not practical to have parts ordered and delivered for servicing a long time prior to the service being completed, there is the practicality of space, credit being tied up and then there is the public who may cancel the service leaving the dealer with the parts. although less than 24 hrs notice is not practical either!
However, surely alfa/dealers would be warned in advance of parts shortages, and as some have indicated there are other ways to get these parts.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
As per another thread, I heard it rumoured long ago that the UK sales target for the Giulia in 2017 was 5,000 units. Needless to say, it didn't happen, and has been an underwhelming year IMO. So I suspect that a 'cabinet reshuffle' has been on the cards for some time.

When you find out who's replaced them, let's email them about some QF-style wheels :D

·
Registered
Giulia Quadrifoglio Feb 2017 Alfa Rosso, Fiat 500e Apr 2021
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Solved!

That's why Naz didn't sign my Christmas card from Alfa.
But she did sign BOTH of mine.

If I'd only known the scarcity value of her signature, I wouldn't have thrown my cards away.

BUT MY SERVICE IS BACK ON FOR TOMORROW!

Ironic that neither my main dealer nor ALFA UK have any stock of filters, but Neil at NJS had six on the shelf.

I drove the 50 miles up to Pershore and bought one from him an hour ago.

The only reason I'm not using NJS for servicing my Quadrifoglio is that it came with 3 years or 27,000 mile free servicing.

My Quadrifoglio will only be looked after by NJS once I've used up the three free servicings.

Andy

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Oh dear.

I fear Naz's departure might put the tin lid on my returning to Alfa.

Andy's news would explain why I haven't had any response from her to recent emails about coming back to the brand.

It's not great that her auto-reply doesn't provide an alternative point of contact.

·
Administrator
89,081 Posts
Might not be the dealer's fault or even Alfa UK on this occasion.

I was talking to the Service Manager at my dealers yesterday regarding the Quadrifoglio Ecu water ingress matter, and he said getting parts could be quite slow at the moment because Alfa/FCA are re locating their warehousing facility in the UK. He also said that rather than just moving the stock from one UK facility to another the whole lot was first being shipped back to Italy. An Italian decision surely?

That's not much comfort to anyone waiting for parts but at least it's a potential reason for the delay ...
Info here regarding the parts supply/relocation issue
http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/general-alfa-discussion/1118202-this-is-going-to-be-chaos.html

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
Oh dear.

I fear Naz's departure might put the tin lid on my returning to Alfa.
Why? Are you hoping for some goodwill given your past experiences? I don't see why their replacement shouldn't be inclined to honour whatever was in discussion.

Have a poke around LinkedIn, you might find something. Andrew Tracey is apparently head of brand for Alfa & Jeep, though it says he's been in position since May. Or you could contact the MD.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Why? Are you hoping for some goodwill given your past experiences? I don't see why their replacement shouldn't be inclined to honour whatever was in discussion.

Have a poke around LinkedIn, you might find something. Andrew Tracey is apparently head of brand for Alfa & Jeep, though it says he's been in position since May. Or you could contact the MD.
Goodwill yes but not in any financial sense, I dont want any "compo" or incentives, I just want a bit of peace of mind.

Naz and I had a lengthy conversation about my car and the problems it suffered at Milbrook.

She told me that if I came back to the brand I should contact her first and that I would subsequently be able to have a direct dialogue with her in the event of any (in her words "any, even the tiniest liitle thing") issues arose with any new car.

It doesn't fill me with confidence that there is no communication with customers trying to contact her as to her replacement nor that her colleagues who I have emailed when not hearing from Naz haven't been able to tell me she is moving on or pass my enquiry on to anybody else who might take an interest.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
It's possible there is no replacement, the role may have gone. Not sure what the division of responsibility was between her and Andrew.

You know the email address pattern, can't hurt to get in touch with a few people to see what the score is.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
It's possible there is no replacement, the role may have gone. Not sure what the division of responsibility was between her and Andrew.

You know the email address pattern, can't hurt to get in touch with a few people to see what the score is.
Fair points indeed.

Hard to explain and in the grand scheme of things way out of proportion but it just feels like another little disappointment.

·
Registered
3,218 Posts
No, I know what you mean, it's not good continuity and you are put on the back foot in terms of a support relationship. Were it say B2B and account management it would be a normal concern. Plus we can only operate off the information available and that's little bits here and there that we have to try and draw a direction of travel from.

As a change, it could be positive or negative or meaningless. If it's a proactive change because ARUK is underperforming, then it might herald better or at least different things for the UK customer. Certainly I've been disappointed by a number of UK decisions - whose exactly, I'm not sure, but I have an idea.

Equally it could be a further abandonment of the UK market in terms of what Italy bothers to fund at ARUK HQ.

Or it might just be nothing, people move jobs all the time. But I have to say I'm not surprised.

·
Registered
463 Posts
She was **** from the start of the Giulia journey. All hot air and no lift. Lies about the model specs and never any followup when questions are asked by...... well anyone really. A law unto herself and good riddance!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
She was **** from the start of the Giulia journey. All hot air and no lift. Lies about the model specs and never any followup when questions are asked by...... well anyone really. A law unto herself and good riddance!
i wouldnt put it so harsly as you, in the one engagement i had with her, but came away with the exact same sentiments...!

homogolated all season tyres, gear knob fitting, etc

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Goodwill yes but not in any financial sense, I dont want any "compo" or incentives, I just want a bit of peace of mind.

Naz and I had a lengthy conversation about my car and the problems it suffered at Milbrook.

She told me that if I came back to the brand I should contact her first and that I would subsequently be able to have a direct dialogue with her in the event of any (in her words "any, even the tiniest liitle thing") issues arose with any new car.

It doesn't fill me with confidence that there is no communication with customers trying to contact her as to her replacement nor that her colleagues who I have emailed when not hearing from Naz haven't been able to tell me she is moving on or pass my enquiry on to anybody else who might take an interest.
i dont thnk you should be dissapointed necesarily trev, i had a lenghty conversation with her at millbrook about my minor inconvenience of dealer not being able to fit the CF nob and receiving little to no help from AlfaUK or Italy about such a simple issue. she promised to get righ on hit, would contact the dealer personally after the event, just leave your details with dissapointlngly plain PA/organiser, and i will give you personal update blah blah blah. All mouth and no trousers despite chasers sent by me. Now it may not have been her fault and there were invisible issues at play from Italy, but she was head of brand or whatever, made a promise (or words to that effect) but failed to deliver. Likewise the BS about the tyres.

i wouldnt have held much store by what she promised you.

maybe this is an opportunity if shes replaced, and her successor will better. Im sure if there is one they will be sympathetic to your issues and be as understanding about your comeback concerns as Naz seemed to be. Indeed you could use it to your advantage in saying how poor the comms were with their predecossor....if its natural wastage and there is no direct replacement, i guess the point is moot and we al need to find someone else who can at least pay us lipservice. Assume if and when the next welcome to the brand event (if that will still be a thing without a brand manager) occurs we will meet her succossor. i was advised there may be one in Jan/Feb for those who havent attended yet (i would wait until summer if possible for mine if i can), or at least there should be one for the Stelvio QV millbrook event if i get an invite as promised!

·
Registered
Giulia QV 2017
1,487 Posts
As per another thread, I heard it rumoured long ago that the UK sales target for the Giulia in 2017 was 5,000 units. Needless to say, it didn't happen, and has been an underwhelming year IMO. So I suspect that a 'cabinet reshuffle' has been on the cards for some time.

When you find out who's replaced them, let's email them about some QF-style wheels :D
So if you could spec a Veloce with QF teledials, would you finally actually buy one?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts