Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've now replaced all my intercooler pipe and a silicone turbo MAF pipe.. But made my own pipe instead so this will up for grabs soon! Made a bottle and vent for the pcv valve so now no excess oil to enter my intercooler system and turbo and ait filter clean MAP and MAF all refitted and wow the car is awesomeand mo black smoke under load now and I thought I did not loose any power before..! Only fault now is the is Pulling to right when braking which I will investigate in the morning

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
Here are pics off my home made oil catch can for now its works and also my relocation for air filter cone
Cool, ta, how does it work exacrly ?

BTW your airfiletr is perfectly placed to draw in warm engine air, why dont you enclose it or re-locate it ?

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's actually right next to the cold air feed which was used for the airbox

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The pipe that used to come of the pcv valve used to go straight into the turbo and MAF pipe hence why you always get oil in your intercooler pipes now as this pipe has been removed and replace with a bottle the oil is only going to one place which can't cause any issues is the bottle the filter is just so the crank case can breathe

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Is the bottle sealed? The air pressure needs to vent somewhere though. Or it will push back into your engine.

Before we fitted my Evac scavenger valve to my secondary downpipe, i used a breather filter to atmosphere through 2 catch cans.

Ps what does the open filter sound like?

Damien.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Damien yes the bottle has a filter fitted to release pressure.. I've had this cone filter on for year now but it was fitted at bottom and was having issues with rain water now I raise it so that solves that issue I think it's sounds awesome slight flutter with darth vader noises dump valve sounds ;)

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
It's actually right next to the cold air feed which was used for the airbox
Yeah, but as its a circular filter it can pull in warm air from the rest of the engine bay, only about 1/4 of your filter faces the feed, the other 3/4s and the top of the filter face the top of the warm engine bay and hot air rises, you could put some sort of shield round it to lessen the intake of warm air. :)

I've had this cone filter on for year now but it was fitted at bottom and was having issues with rain water now I raise it so that solves that issue I think it's sounds awesome slight flutter with darth vader noises dump valve sounds ;)
Really ? I ve had mine between the left front indicator and central grille for the last 5 years and never once had any water problems. Its partially enclosed (front open). Its sounds pretty good, I think enclosing it helps the sound.

Ps what does the open filter sound like?
Damien.
There was a whole long complex thread on cone filters a few years back, in the end it was decided by most that actually the manufacturers air box was best for flow, performance etc thats partly why JS developed his modified airbox. I dont necessarily agree though, aftermarket ones sound better and even if some do loose you a few bhp.

Got your car on a rolling road yet, ALFADOIT ? :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts