Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my wife got the news yesterday that she will not be getting her mito ,the salesman back in feb gave her a price for her 207cc which now has changed by £2700 the sales man at time has left . the sales manager has said he is really sorry but there is nothing he can do so she got her £500 deposit back . the mito is only a week or two away so if anyone wants a 1.4 mito in alfa red give the fiat dealer a call in tunbridge wells . she is now going to wait till next year and order again

B

·
0 Posts
Gutted! That's really poor, you must be really hacked off. :(

Guess it's clear why the salesman isn't there anymore...

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
Well I hope a similar thing doesn't happen to me. My Fiesta ST was seen by a salesman at Alfa Cardiff. He gave me a price for part-ex on my car and about a month or two later he finished with the company. I had to go back up to Alfa Cardiff last Saturday for them to view it again and they haven't phoned me back with a part-ex price (I will ring them on Monday). My car is in Bristol waiting to be brought to the showroom.

I very much hope they can get very close to the £5000 that was first offered to me. I don't see why not as the private sale price of this car is generally around the £5000 mark as I had a few phonecalls offering me as such.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
they normally hold the part ex price....I had got them to ofer me £5700 for my 06 Fiesta ST but managed to sell her private on Ebay for £6300.....don't take any rubbish off them if they don't keep their end of the deal!!!

·
Registered
103 Posts
no car

hi monkeyboy here had log in problems so had to reregester went back to dealer but they said they could not do anything , and to make matters worse someone hit the front of my new fiat 500 last week :cry:

B

·
0 Posts
Why not sell the CC privately, or at least have a go?

Unlucky with the 500. :(

·
Registered
409 Posts
But your buying your car from a dealership . Why does it mater who done a deal with you.
If he over valued your car were did he get the price from . I would of thought if a salesman does a deal with a customer someone above him would go over the paper work to check that the numbers stack up.:tut::tut:

B

·
0 Posts
How does the price you got offered compare to the going rate in Auto Trader or Parkers?

If it's close I'd kick up a fuss at the dealers, if they offered way over the going rate then it's probably to be expected that they backed out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts