Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought an Alfa 159 2.0 jtdm from 2010. My Iphone connects to blue&me perfectly but I am having a hard time getting the media player to work.

I read a lot of posts about this.

I tried two different USB-sticks (2gb no name and 16 gb Sandisk cruzer)
I formatted them in FAT32 - on a PC
I ripped one song from a CD in mp3 format (to make sure it was an unprotected format) and copied it to the usb's
Plugged the usb, changing them - and I never had any reaction apart from "No media found" - it doesn't build a library or anything, as far as I can tell.

I tried with a windows formatted 2gb ipod as well - no more luck.

Only thing I can think of now is disconnecting the battery - but I not that keen on that solution as I have read about some quite serious complications.

Any suggestions - or will I have to take it to the dealer?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Agon,

My hunch is the the B&M needs re-setting by disconnecting the battery for at least 10 minutes. Like you, I was very nervous the first time I did it- but you needn't be!!

The two things you have to do after reconnecting the battery (other than test that the media player reads the tracks!) is the reset the clock (very easy) and re-set the windows.

This is done by lowering the window and keep the button pressed down for at least 10 seconds after it reaches the bottom, press the button to raise the window and keep the button held to the up position for another ten seconds. Do this for all four windows. The phone directory, radio code etc. etc. are NOT effected- or aren't in my car!

Good luck.:)

·
Registered
975 Posts
I have just experienced a similar problem.

I've used an 8GB memory stick with about 4GB of music on it for months, adding tracks/albums as and when I needed to. All was fine until I tried adding 5 tracks converted (by iTunes) to MP3. This has worked fine in the past. I too now only get 'No Media Found' whenever I try to access the music.

I have tried formatting and re-installing the music on the stick, to no avail. I shall try disconnecting the battery and see if that works!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts