Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am turning left at the lights, about to go uphill. A little car appears behind me from a juntion really close to the lights. I am already accelerating in 2nd going up the hill and the car behind me gets so close, I can no longer see the headlights. There are cars parked on both sides of this hill for a while, so to make it easier on this person in their little car who is in such a rush, I give it beans. I look in the mirror and I'm not losing them, so I push it more, until there is no traction left under front wheels and I'm up near the red. Theyr'e still there, and I'm feeling like I'm going to get a shove any second, so I put it in third and took it easier. At the end of the road, he overtakes me at the roundabout, it's a Focus ST i think, and then he proceeds to dangerously overtake the three cars in front of me, around bends (roads wet), just to show me how to drive I guess. My 70 year old dad passenger said "No manners!" Ha, I had to agree.

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Some people are just plain rude:rolleyes:

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha I know, but I just checked out the spec on that car and it's almost the same as the GTV, except of course, it's not a singing V6. Apparently they're a bit noisy, but I couldn't hear it.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
There's a time and a place. That wasn't it.

One of the benefits of driving a blandmobile is you can go about your business without too much hassle from other drivers.

But judging by the driving after the ST170 passed you they had an issue with any other vehicle in their path, not just you.

I have a friend that used to have a ST170. He said not that fast, not as fast as you'd think. But he's had Westfield 7s.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, a time and a place - we all know that, don't we? That's why I took it easy - you just don't know how stupid the driver is, well haha they can give it away sometimes.
My dad says he thought it was the 5 cylinder ST - that's the one I looked up. I have to agree with him, it was like he was attached to the bumper.

·
Registered
13,001 Posts
Normal Focus driver so:rolleyes:

·
Registered
38,271 Posts
The ford dealer near me was selling tweakled Focus ST's (5 cylinder version) and they were knocking out around 300bhp. :rolleyes:

Maybe it had similar mods on it.
A standard one is pretty similar in performance to a GTV V6, except is probably has more midrange grunt.

·
Registered
13,236 Posts
Ah.. you made the instinctive action of booting it to try and lose the tailgater.. you should have backed off completely and then accellerated again. The sight of your rear bumper looming ever closer to his no-claims bonus would have shat his pants :lol: and maybe made him realise what a 4-letter poontang her was driving like! :D

Less is more.. carry a big stick and tread softly. etc.

Ralf S.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts