Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am trying to replace my factory sat-nav headunit (plus BOSE amp in boot) as it has a broken screen but I don't appear to have an ISO speaker cable behind my dash?

Referring to: .:12vhifi.nl:. alles over Car Audio & Techniek

I have the power block (Block A) and Alfa signals block (Block C) but nothing is plugged into block B! My audio still works, I am assuming through Pins C1-C6 which are labelled as audio in my car (4 speakers, Booster and a Ground)

Should I have a standard ISO speaker cable stuffed somewhere behind my dash?

Can I wire a standard ISO plug onto the speaker part of the Alfa cable?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
If anyone's interested, the wiring on my car is the same as the BOSE system on Audis. I ended up making a cable to connect my new headunit to, but it turns out Nexxia sell a premade cable that does the same thing!

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Interesting. So the speakerwire outputs were in the yellow mini-ISO plug? The photo of the wiring schematic that I have shows both a standard ISO block, but as you suggest, outputs on the mini-ISO plug, albeit via a 'common ground' (ie: 5 wires, not 8 wires).

See attached pic; is that what you have?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, the attached pic is the same sticker as on the NAV headunit only there is no 8 pin speaker cable behind the dash so nothing plugged into the speaker bit. Yellow plug it has to be!

Only trouble at the moment is I think the preouts on my old headunit are a bit weedy as the max volume isn't very high, has anyone got any recommendations for a HU with 4 decent voltage level preouts? Cheap is good, bit skint this month!

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Maybe search secondhand, like ebay. Look for mid/high spec Alpine (with 4V preouts), or discontinued mid/high spec Pioneer models (with 6V preouts).

:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts