Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm afraid i'm leaving Alfa Romeo for a while really don't want to but new baby forces this. I have had my low mileage Mito 135 Multiair 2010 on the market for over a week and have had no serious interest or offers in it.

This in one way surprises me because of the looks of the car and how solid it feels with todays modern alfas.

On the other hand it now makes me think that second hand Alfa's or even new ones are not as desirable as I hold them to be. Perhaps all the fears about realiability of Alfa's that I ignore is actually in the minds of the general public.

My car i feel is a great example, low mileage and beautiful to look at, why no offers!!!!

·
Registered
760 Posts
Where have you been advertising it? I don't think it has nothing to do with being an alfa. There's just so many incentives to buy new cars from dealers at the moment, 0% APR, 3 year free servicing, 6 months free fuel, free tax, 20% VAT back! When you look at it, it's sometimes cheaper to buy new than 1/1.5 yr old. Most people tend to buy cars now on PCP also, personaly I've always gone for the 6months to a year old and pay outright for my vehicles.

Good luck with the sale. On a side note if ur alfa is on hire purchase/PCP you could look at handing it back

·
Registered
42,287 Posts
General financial stagnation in the UK. Forecourts are full of cars for sale, and it will be a while before things get back to normal, whatever normal was, or wasn't? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Where have you been advertising it? I don't think it has nothing to do with being an alfa. There's just so many incentives to buy new cars from dealers at the moment, 0% APR, 3 year free servicing, 6 months free fuel, free tax, 20% VAT back! When you look at it, it's sometimes cheaper to buy new than 1/1.5 yr old. Most people tend to buy cars now on PCP also, personaly I've always gone for the 6months to a year old and pay outright for my vehicles.

Good luck with the sale. On a side note if ur alfa is on hire purchase/PCP you could look at handing it back
I have it advertised almost every where but ebay. main ones are here, pistonheads, autotrader.

Yea it is on PCP but what I owe is way under what it is valued at! So seems a shame to let it go for next to nothing.

But prob a fair comment about new cars especially as mine is only 15 months old.

T

·
0 Posts
Ring a few dealers?

Problem may be that buyers dont buy high value cars from private ads, which a better suited to a couple of grand, guessing yours is nearer 10? Would you buy from a private seller for that value? I'm guessing not as you didn't!!

I recently struggled to sell 156 and just about every enquiry was from an Alfa owner, so peole are suspicious, you can thank clarkson, may and Hammond for that.

In the end, some random guy fro
Autotrader bought mine and was new to Alfa but was less than 3k...

One independent who was selling a mito said he just wokfnt take 156 off me in px as he can't sell alfas - even though he was...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tried a couple of dealers but nothing back from them in terms of interest. I have an offer from a trader on the table which I may have to accept in the end but its well under the true value of the car so i'm reluctant to accept it at this time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Have several clients who are motor traders and they are all stuffed with stock and new plate does not help with p/x trade ins

·
Registered
525 Posts
thanks for backing that up, makes me feel better in one way but not another, cos it feels like i'll have to give it away!:mad:
I assume you need to sell for money reasons and not needing a bigger car? Either way have you spoken to the dealer who sold it too you? You never know, he might be able to work something out for you.

Otherwise, have you considered re-scheduling the loan? (assuming you have one) Not the best idea but might be better than letting her go cheap?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
:lol:
I assume you need to sell for money reasons and not needing a bigger car? Either way have you spoken to the dealer who sold it too you? You never know, he might be able to work something out for you.

Otherwise, have you considered re-scheduling the loan? (assuming you have one) Not the best idea but might be better than letting her go cheap?
Mainly we are selling to get a bigger car due to new baby but the added bonus is we are clearing all finance and buying a car out right so when we aim to move in 18 months to a bigger house we have added funds so making two sensible decisions, man i'm getting old and responsible :lol:

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Unfortunately it can take time to sell a car, give it about a month mate and see how you get on :thumbs:

Have you advertised it on Pistonheads?
I hope it doesnt take that long I havent got that long before I have to pick my other car up.

Yes i have it on pistonheads, had a couple of non serious emails but thats about it. Including one that wanted it shiped to maylasia with funds being given on delivery!!!! Me think not !!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts