Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Simple question this... Can anyone confirm whether there is a warning light for dipped beam on the phase-2 instrument panel? I wonder if mine had one and if it has blown. Tried shining a torch at the cluster but couldn't see the icons except the left/right indicator arrows.

Since fitting LEDs to the front fog lights, I now drive around during the day with them (and the LED sidelights) on as 'daytime running lights'. There is a warning light for the sidelights and another for the fog lights. As you know, the foglights are an extremely low beam and can't illuminate enough to drive by, but hopefully are enough to be noticed from a distance.

When it gets dark, I twist the headlight switch to turn on dipped beam, of course.

Problem is, the following day I tend to forget to turn the headlights off, since I don't see a light to indicate when they are on. I usually realise when I pull up behind a van :eek:

I can't remember whether my Spiders or some other model had a green dipped-beam icon.

-Alex

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
As far as I know, there are two inficator lights, one for sidelights & dipped beam and the blue light for main beam
What he said.

Out of interest how did you get the LED fog lights to work? I bought of sets from flea bay and none of them worked.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Reversing the polarity of the LEDs for the fog lights made them work for me cgc, but I found the ones I bought were no where near bright enough to make them usable, so I put the original halogen bulbs back in!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Reversing the polarity of the LEDs for the fog lights made them work for me cgc, but I found the ones I bought were no where near bright enough to make them usable, so I put the original halogen bulbs back in!
D

Cheers for the info, i'll try that. I know there not really that useful, but never found the originals were that good. They are the last yellow/white lights on the car
the rest are a nice bright white, so it's just a matter of looks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The Fogs have a habit of melting when the silver reflector degrades, so LEDs will eliminate this risk. LED's will help you get seen but won't help you see !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts