Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please. A new fault has developed, I select cruise control and green light comes on but when I twist stalk to engage nothing happens. Any ideas to solve?

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Check the clutch pedal switch positioned just over the pedal, knocks the cruise control off when the pedal is pressed.. If it's out of position it'll prevent the system working.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check the clutch pedal switch positioned just over the pedal, knocks the cruise control off when the pedal is pressed.. If it's out of position it'll prevent the system working.
Thanks. Clip on clutch was replaced yesterday. In what position should the switch be and what does it look like?

·
Registered
207 Posts
white plastic plunger type switch above the clutch pedal. You may have to depress the clutch pedal and pull the plunger out with pliers as it sticks if pushed in to far.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got it. Tried pulling plunger out but moves back a touch and returns to original point ie not far enough out. Don't want to snap it off so might take it to garage. Thanks.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Got it. Tried pulling plunger out but moves back a touch and returns to original point ie not far enough out. Don't want to snap it off so might take it to garage. Thanks.
I had the same issue. I took the switch apart in the end and cleaned up around the edge of the plunger and where it slid into the switch. Took no more than 10mins (I was taking it slowly as well). I found it to be a really easy fix. Might be worth having a go as no doubt the garage will just order a new switch anyway and charge you for fitting!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had the same issue. I took the switch apart in the end and cleaned up around the edge of the plunger and where it slid into the switch. Took no more than 10mins (I was taking it slowly as well). I found it to be a really easy fix. Might be worth having a go as no doubt the garage will just order a new switch anyway and charge you for fitting!!
Thanks for advice, will try tomorrow when there is light. I did consider taking apart but was unsure how to do it as couldn't pull white switch out of housing, any steer? Also did you use anything in particular to clean it?

·
Registered
248 Posts
If I remember rightly disconnect the wiring and its a 1/4 twist and you should be able to pull the switch out, after that it has tabs on either side of the casing that just need carefully opening up. Mine looked like it had a glue type substance around the plunger that had gone hard so all i used was a stanley blade to scrape it away.

Be careful when you split the case open as the plunger has a spring underneath it, try not to lose it! ;)

Im guessing you could smear a small amouth of grease on the plunger but I cant see it really being worth it, i never did and the plunger worked a treat.

Hope that helps, if not then i'll go disconnect the one on mine to refresh how I did it

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
When you pull this switch to the 'out' position ....you really need to pull on it! To the point where you imagine it will break! On my GT, its crazy how much force it needs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is the cruise control working now? :)
Yep, works perfectly thanks. As an aside had a chap come to speak to me yesterday in the car park for a good half an hour about the GT. He was praising its looks, in and out. He left feeling enthused and wanting to get one. How many <£4K modern cars would generate that interest?

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yep, works perfectly thanks. As an aside had a chap come to speak to me yesterday in the car park for a good half an hour about the GT. He was praising its looks, in and out. He left feeling enthused and wanting to get one. How many <£4K modern cars would generate that interest?
Thats what we like to hear :)

Its a beautiful looking car (slightly biased lol) Fingers crossed he gets one and they'll be another one local :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts