Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We've replaced the clutch master cylinder because my mechanic pulled it out and it had broken components, but then when replaced it's still sucking air. He got the clutch back but when he drove it back on the hoist it went again. He tried to bleed again and would get clutch then it would go. He's opening the transmission because he thinks both the master and slave have gone so we'll replace the slave. Has anyone experienced this and will this most likely fix the problem or could it be something else ( apart from a completely new clutch!) :depressed:

·
Registered
84 Posts
I feel for you I really do, less than 24 hrs of owning my gt after driving home over night,I was unable to any gears selected, The garage thought it was the master cylinder, that changed but still no joy I had the slave changed as well, its was better after that but still creeping forward whilst in gear so I went the whole and had eveything changed bearings, friction plate and Dual mass flywheel!!
I had to sell the wifes car to pay for it :biglaugh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I feel for you I really do, less than 24 hrs of owning my gt after driving home over night,I was unable to any gears selected, The garage thought it was the master cylinder, that changed but still no joy I had the slave changed as well, its was better after that but still creeping forward whilst in gear so I went the whole and had eveything changed bearings, friction plate and Dual mass flywheel!!
I had to sell the wifes car to pay for it :biglaugh:
Thanks Steve! I hope she was the forgiving type. I suppose once you start theres no going back! Thanks for replying. Cheers J

·
Registered
84 Posts
Kind of forgiving she got a new Mini Cooper cabriolet out of the deal so yes she was happy I guess!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kind of forgiving she got a new Mini Cooper cabriolet out of the deal so yes she was happy I guess!
Haha thats a nice outcome for her! We replacing the slave cylinder this week so hopefully that will do the trick before going down the other, more expensive path!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
clutch bleed on 156 disaster. Looks like too much air not pumping fluid through

Well, we ended up replacing the master cylinder, the slave cylinder, put in a new clutch and then finally replaced the hose that goes from the slave as it had been damaged in the whole process. The hose actually had to be custom made because they re hard to get at this time of year. Thanks to everyone who gave advice and help. Unfortunately as the process unfolded we just ended up replacing everything. Still, it's nice to nice her up and running again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts