Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last year when I had my insurance renewal I was quoted as having 13 years no claims discount.

Now, I have just had a renewal notice through and it says that my no claims discount is only 10 years, as the maximum that my current insurer allows is only 10 years.

So, have I now "lost" that 3 year of claims free driving, or am I still entitled to the (Now) 14 years of discount?

The reason I ask is that I haven't had any claims, and the difference it makes when I do a premium search is around £20 or so.

If I have indeed "lost" lost this 3 years I won't be too pleased. I really should have 18 years NCD, as that is how long I have been driving and having insurance.

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
Most insurers have an upper limit that they base your premium on.

Is it fair??....

....no!!

·
Registered
44,882 Posts
I've lost count of how many years NCB I have, I reckon it's about 17 or 18 :scratch: My last insurer was happy enough if I just said 9+.

·
Registered
93 Posts
In fact I qualify for 60 years no claims bonus but fat cat insurers also have 10 fingers and are too lazy to take their shoes off it seems!
I started off with 10 years with my present insurer and after 3 years of loyalty still only have 10 years NCB.
I blame our failing education system and moral decline. :vomit:

·
Vendor
307 Posts
The maximum discount offered for claim free driving is normally 65% and this tends to be achieved at 9 years. If they staged the discounts over a longer period each increment would therefore be smaller and it would take longer to reach the 65%. So it's actually to your advantage that you benefit from the full discount for 11 years if you've been driving 20, rather than having to wait 20 years to achieve it.

·
Registered
38,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I have been screwed over with this again.

my previous insurer was Endsleigh and at the start of that policy I had 9 years entitlement.

At the end of the policy i still have 9 years entitlement.

The only problem is I told my new insurer that I would have 10 years entitlement (Logical enough I would have thought), so I am now going to have to pay the new insurer more money because of this.

I must also have to say this that even before this my experience with endsleigh was dreadful. I needed to change my address on the policy mid term so they charged me a £30 admin charge for what would take them 2 mins on a computer. (No premium change) also I have spent 3 weeks hassling them to send me my no claims discount. In which time my new insurer has been hassling me to send it to them.

·
Registered
921 Posts
We had a similar issue re chasing for NCD when moving from Tesco. Eventually the operator simply said - we can request on your behalf and that was it - job done. I did wonder why the previous call centre personel couldn't facilitate such.....??

1 - 10 of 10 Posts