Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please help!........Has taken me 7 months to finally source a cd magazine for my multichanger. After installing magazine I get the "No cd" message on the ICS.

Check back of multichanger to find the round plug not connected. Reconnect, thinking happy days a quick fix,only to find "No cd" again.

So i have all 3 connections to the cd multichanger made.
A clicking noise coming from the changer(must be power getting to it?)
but still the dreaded "No cd".
Can't eject magazine.

Have done a search for this. Possible solution requires taking apart the ICS and soldering.
However there has been no feed back to whether this has worked or not.

Any other solutions?

Many thanks
AOH.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I had a similar problem when I first got mine - turned out to be an odd cure/quirk.....you needed to have at least 4 out of 6 cd's loaded into the changer for them to be recognised! :confused:

Worth a shot anyway if that's not been done?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had a similar problem when I first got mine - turned out to be an odd cure/quirk.....you needed to have at least 4 out of 6 cd's loaded into the changer for them to be recognised! :confused:

Worth a shot anyway if that's not been done?

Thanks for the suggestion.:thumbs:

I put 4 into the magazine,now lost forever:lol:.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,166 Posts
Most likely the cd player is faulty and the previous owner got tired of hearing the clicking and removed the cassette and loom.

·
Registered
529 Posts
sounds like the same problem i had.
And i think your right in saying it needs a part of the ics soldering. It's a problem that occurs if the lead from the cd changer accidentally touches the metal bodywork of the car when removing or refitting the changer.
I did the tape mod in the end and it's much more practical than cd changer nowadays anyway.

·
Registered
655 Posts
that will be this one

alfa166_ics_cdc_supply_broken_ground.jpg

you need to lift off the heat sink to get at it but its an easy fix
however I would try someone else's CD unit first just to confirm the fault is in the ICS

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
sounds like the same problem i had.
And i think your right in saying it needs a part of the ics soldering. It's a problem that occurs if the lead from the cd changer accidentally touches the metal bodywork of the car when removing or refitting the changer.
I did the tape mod in the end and it's much more practical than cd changer nowadays anyway.

Yes that was the thread i came across when searching.

Will search tape mod and see if that will do, don't really want to solder anything in case i mess something else up.

Many thanks.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
jtalfa thanks for the pictures, will help no end should i decide to solder.:thumbs:

Pigfarmer i did put the cd's in the right way.(only after i had seen the diagram).

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
the changer mechanism is a bit fragile (it's a pretty old sony unit) so it might be worth checking that it's taking in the CD's as expected....if it's clunking away then its not! Does the cartridge eject okay? That's another weak point.....

The good news though is that if it is the mechanism you can buy an old sony changer (can't remember the model) for a couple of quid and swap the control circuits over from the alfa/becker changer - i did that and it works perfectly :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts