Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I have a problem and I only my self to blame:

I had to jump start my 166 and connected a new battery to the old one. I accidently switched plus and minus – puf! Display lightning and ICS was completely dark, but easy to mend with a new fuse.
I still have one problem though: ICS I working, but it says “no CD player”, “No cassette” and the radio isn’t working.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Regards, Ulrik

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Paul

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have checked fuse #4, 7 and 18, and they are all fine.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,168 Posts
Then it may be the fuse on the back of the ics unit. You need to remove the ics to get to it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I've been driving around without the ICS for months now after the same thing happened to me. How easy is it to get at the fuse? My mechanic advised that part of the dash will have to come off, so I was leaving it until it is going for a service? Can you let me know how you managed to fix and change yours? Oh, and what type of fuse it is?

Thank you.

·
Registered
267 Posts
its very simple, even i did it!

You need to carefully take of the face cover, either silver orw wooden. I did this very carefully with a knife.
Once this is removed you can start to gently prise the ics out of its houseing. You need to be very careful here but it can be a bit frustrating. Once this is done. remove the connections to the back of the ics, and then its a matter of shuffling it out. then you just replace the fuse. easy.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Is1ldur - I dunno where in Ireland you are, but I know that Don Baker should be well able to do this. If like me you're nervous about fiddling with interior trim, maybe give him a call?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've been driving around without the ICS for months now after the same thing happened to me. How easy is it to get at the fuse? My mechanic advised that part of the dash will have to come off, so I was leaving it until it is going for a service? Can you let me know how you managed to fix and change yours? Oh, and what type of fuse it is?
It's very easy and a DIY project for the average skilled person (like me).
Here is a HOW TO with illustrations:
Pictorial Guide to Removing The ICS.doc - File Shared from Box - Free Online File Storage

The fuse is a standard like the ones under the steering wheel. I think my was a 7 amp.

Good luck.

·
Administrator
GT 2.0 JTS
5,168 Posts
That's the correct way as there are two different types of front face cover, type 1 is held on with screws and type 2 which just has clips.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks for the responses guys. I may just give it a go myself next weekend. CCovich, I am in Dublin. I was gonna have Gerry Campbell do it for me, but sure I'll give it a try. I'll let you know how I get on.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts