Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard a rumour that County Motors will no longer be an Alfa Dealer from September, anyone else picked this one up? That means a bit of a trail to Knaresborough or Edinburgh, can't see me wanting to do that!:(

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If that's true that will be bad news. One of the better dealers in my experience. Any idea why?
Well apparently CM is to re-locate in Carlisle and will not be Fiat & Alfa. I have always found CM to be good in any dealings, the wife just bought a Grande sporting off them. Its bad news as far as I'm concerned.:(

G

·
0 Posts
B'gger, just got an Alfa and was relying upon County to look after it, service seems good as well, parts is helpful and sales tried to find me a car when i was looking last month.

Has anyone checked with them to confirm this?

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
B'gger, just got an Alfa and was relying upon County to look after it, service seems good as well, parts is helpful and sales tried to find me a car when i was looking last month.

Has anyone checked with them to confirm this?
Err, yes..............., but it didnt come from me. It does not sound as if anyone is taking the Alfa franchise on but I think the Fiat side might be sorted. CM will still be looking after Alfa & Fiat vehicles in terms of servicing, but as for warranty stuff............?

G

·
0 Posts
Doh, this is just like Ducati ownership where its Glasgow/Leeds or Newcastle (discount the last one cos they are crap) :D

At least servicing can be done at CM, I wonder if a few Cumbrian/ D&G owners getting together and approaching AR UK might keep the warranty side going?

G

·
0 Posts
update - it looks like County could be closing not relocating. Land has been sold and according to rumour i heard today the staff don't know the business will continue even with Fiat :(

I was told Fiat might be looking for a new dealer in Carlisle :( not sure how true it is but have no reason not to believe it

P

·
0 Posts
Speculation and rumour ;) The stuff of urban myth :p

I do know that there are plans afoot and that we shouldn't worry unduly. Both Fiat and Alfa are doing too well for there not to be a dealership in Carlisle; the 500 and MiTo have seen to that.

G

·
0 Posts
it wasn't really a rumour or the grapevine but there again not quite the horses mouth, pretty close though :)

hopefully either county will continue or they'll find a new dealer quickly to replace them :thumbs:

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it wasn't really a rumour or the grapevine but there again not quite the horses mouth, pretty close though :)

hopefully either county will continue or they'll find a new dealer quickly to replace them :thumbs:
They will continue to trade from a smaller premises in Carlisle but will not be Fiat/Alfa.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts