Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just bought a 66 plate 1.6 Giulietta tecnica and I was surprised to see it hasn't got a 12v socket in the boot - just a plastic blank where it should be. I have a 2011 lusso that has one - was this an optional extra, and is it possible to fit one?

·
Registered
32,694 Posts
The early cars had rear door puddle lights. The later cars didn’t.
The Tecnica was a fleet version so may have taken some opportunities to delete bits. I never noticed the rear puddle lights or power plug in boot on the Lusso I bought new in 2011.

·
Registered
353 Posts
I looked recently to see if the wiring was hiding behind the blanking plug. I was gobsmacked... :surprised: not only is the wiring there but the blanking plug has a moulded dummy socket on the back to connect the wiring to. I'm sure the blanking plug costs as much as the 12V socket.

Next move is to find a breaker and get the socket.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I looked recently to see if the wiring was hiding behind the blanking plug. I was gobsmacked...
not only is the wiring there but the blanking plug has a moulded dummy socket on the back to connect the wiring to. I'm sure the blanking plug costs as much as the 12V socket.

Next move is to find a breaker and get the socket.
that's ridiculous 😂

·
Registered
147 Posts
I was disappointed to find the same with the one in the boot of my G, blanking plate etc. However, how often would you really use it? Nice to have but I've not come across a single opportunity where I'd have really liked to have it. That being said I wouldn't mind retrofitting one...

·
Registered
353 Posts
Rechargeable light that's kept in the boot is useful, especially now the long dark nights are here. Used to get plugged in occasionally to keep it charged. (Until I swapped for the newer G)

·
Registered
4,612 Posts
Used mine this morning. I have a 12v tyre inflator and it is easier to use the socket in the boot for the rear tyres. Unfortunately the lead is too short to reach the front tyres so I have to swop to the socket by the handbrake.

What I find a minor annoyance is the fact that both sockets are only live when the ignition is on. Hence mru's suggestion of a thermo box means it only works when the car is in use.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The nice thing is that the connector is available behind the dummy plate as mentioned above. If you remove the plate and get these parts 0052056007 (plug) and 0051932872 (plastic cap) you can retrofit it yourself. Only few minutes of work.

·
Administrator
86,442 Posts
Numbers are:-

… 735260656 for both together
That is not the correct number, there are 2 large terminal pins on the back of the socket & it's a different shape to the connector on the cable.

Also there are 3 smaller terminals (only 2 wired) on the connector on the cable in the Giulietta.

Giulietta power socket 1.jpg

Giulietta power socket 2.jpg

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Numbers were from 'alfa-romeo. 7zap.com' site and the -001 suffix usually indicates a change so perhaps that's why there is a discrepancy.

Diagram shows it under trunk light but calls it a support! This gives the same number as I gave previously but without the suffix.

Attachments

·
Administrator
86,442 Posts
Just to confirm for anyone else looking to fit the socket, these are the part numbers (& descriptions on the Dealer parts system) I used on my 2018 Giulietta.

0053103490-001 Power Receptacle
(0052056007-001 is the number on the box)

Uploaded_00001.jpg

0051932872-001 Plug

Uploaded_00002.jpg

Parts combined

Uploaded_00003.jpg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts