Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any one of you guys tried nos ,i recently bought a full programable engine managment ,that cut be programmet to manage nos (only for acc)and i now wonder if any of you had some expirience with it.

alfa 155 3,0 v6 super soon to be 6 speeded wink

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
you will need a rock solid bottom end and some really good strong pistons for the NOS if you intend to go mad.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Think i read somewhere, (might have been a boy racer monthly like max flower or such like),That you could hook up 25bhp or at a push 50bhp worth of NOS without having to strengthen the bottom end. Make of that what you will,but i wouldn't take it as gospel,especially considering the source.
Now of course if you've already tuned the engine by adding lets say, twin-turbos and thus already overloading your motor with horses then even that amount of NOS will probably prompt a piston or two to pop up through your bonnet to say hi.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Noswizard, a vendor of all things nitrous, reckons on their website - and there's even a huge statement on the front page - that nitrous, if done correctly, will not damage a standard engine. Have a look at their site for info.

I have to say, it's sooooooo tempting....

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I just looked into it a bit more... they even offer an engine warrnaty for the price of £1 per extra bhp, so a 25 bhp increase will only cost you £25! (for those who can't do the maths!). It's just the tenfold increase in your insurance premium that would be the killer!

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many NOS users don't declare it to their insurance companies because of just that,
killer premiums.

I guess its down to the individual whether
or not its deemed an acceptable risk?

Not for me it isn't,thats why i won't be getting
any.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hello and thanks for all the great advices ,i will look on the web site for nos .insurance isnt a problem ,they only want to now i the car is registred to have that many horses under the bonnet (thats denmark lovly place ).

alfa 155 3,0 v6 soon to be 6 speeded

1 - 7 of 7 Posts