Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Got a 159 Lusso at the moment and been loving it but about to get a company car!

Looked at the options list and the best two seem to be a Fiat Bravo or a Nissan Juke..

Fiat is cheaper co2 and more torque.. but the Juke is a bit more 'unique'..

Anyone driven any of the said cars? I've been in a friend Bravo but not sure if I can live with one for the next 4 years. Whereas the Juke feels great to drive, despite on paper not being quite as strong..

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
Fiat Bravo. Nissan Juke is hideous.

·
Registered
38,284 Posts
Not really a fan of either myself.

The Bravo IMO looks a bit bland where as the Juke is Fugly.

There must be other choices. ;)

N

·
0 Posts
Juke is passable in a silver or white as you can't make
out the bug-eyed lights then.

;)

(Dacia Duster FTW! ;))

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
Get a better job :thumbs:

·
Registered
32,442 Posts
The Fiat

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Fiat Bravo - far better looking than the Juke :)

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Definitely the Bravo, no contest.

Ours just passed 109k miles. The only thing I have had to replace is the radiator. Everything else is original (exhaust, clutch, even the front discs :eek:)

Its a very underrated car. The drive is ok without being class leading, but everything else about it is excellent.

·
Registered
12,405 Posts
It took me ages to remember what a Bravo looked like. It looks particulalrly Alfa like in the right colour and wheels.

What can I say? I like the Juke.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I've driven the Bravo (1.9JTD) and liked everything about it apart from the horrendous electric steering, couldn't live with that unfortunately

·
Premium Member
19,119 Posts
Why are you even considering this??The Bravo for sure. What are the other options you say are worse? TBH honest the only cars I can think of worse than a duke would be a robin reliant or kia picanto. :cheese:

·
Registered
857 Posts
Producing mediocre (at best) cars like the Bravo is one of the main reasons that Fiats' European sales are in the toilet. There is a reason why Marchionne said that the Bravos' replacement would "not be a normal car"; it is likely to be something similar in concept to the Juke/Qashqai- a "compact crossover".

Looks are the Bravos' only advantage. It is effectively on life support by way of heavy dealer discounts, without which it would be dead. Same situation as the 159.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
18,226 Posts
In Italy last year, my mate and I had a rental Bravo Turbo Diesel as a replacement for our rental Delta, which broke down in a cloud of smoke within 24hrs of collecting it.

I think we did about 1000kms or so in the Bravo. It's an 'earthy', 'honest' car, the Bravo. It's not the best family hatch i've driven - i thought it was pretty crummy, to be honest - but it's earnest and charming and had the same special vim that made old skool Fiats quite endearing. It mastered in brio over ability. Based on that, i would certainly recommend trying the Juke, and not just dismissing it in favour of the Bravo.

·
Premium Member
7,631 Posts
Our Bravo is top of the range sport 150Multijet. It is very well equipped, and surprisingly well built. It is a step up in build quality from my GTA.

At the time we got ours a family member "bought" (a company car) a Golf GT TDI
Of the two, the Bravo was more powerful, had better economy, was better equipped and arguably is a prettier car. It also was common rail diesel versus the more agricultural PD engine in the Golf. Added to all of this the Bravo was £6000 cheaper to purchase.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts