Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just received a NIP for the company vehicle for 40mph in a 30mph limit from 15/01/12 at 00:17hrs. I know it was me and accept that I was speeding - driven that road 100s of times. know theres a camera but on night shift number 7 was v tired!
The issue is that the NIP is dated 31/01/2012 which is 16 days after the offence and not within the legal 14 days that they have to sent the NIP out.

What do I do next? I'm going to write and send it recorded delivery challenging it though will I be successful?

HELP............................

·
Registered
594 Posts
If you have a reliable source from where you got the '14 days' to send it out (I've not heard that before), then I'd ring them up to dispute it, if you can get it resolved over the phone, then confirm the conversation (remember to take down the detail of whom you spoke to and at what date/time) via email/recorded postage.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
They will have had to run it by the owner (your company) first, which gives them longer than 14 days. Man up and take it.

·
Registered
929 Posts
Hi

14 days only applies to sending it to the registered keeper (and even then it only has to be sent to normally arrive within that time).

All the best

Keith

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's definately 14 days as it states it on the back however I have since found out that a copy was sent out to the lease company within the time and they then gave the company details hence the date on the company's letter being 16 days after the offence. There goes 25 years of clean licence!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts