Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to turn off the night panel feature on my 159. All the dash board lights are off except the speedo. When I hold down the + button on the dimmer stalk the lights come on and the display says "night panel off". Then frustratingly after about 5 seconds it reverts t."night panel on" & lights out! Any suggestions? PLEASE..,.:mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
83 Posts
I can't seem to turn off the night panel feature on my 159. All the dash board lights are off except the speedo. When I hold down the + button on the dimmer stalk the lights come on and the display says "night panel off". Then frustratingly after about 5 seconds it reverts t."night panel on" & lights out! Any suggestions? PLEASE..,.:mad:
I know it's sounds daft but have you got your external lights off when you de activate it and do u remove the key after you set it back to normal, I did it the other day and it's fine on mine :confused:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yip, tried all sorts of combinations. The lights go on alright but they go off again after a few seconds.. something somewhere is confused.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just tried that as well. Even disconnected the battery and reconnected, same story "night panel off" then back to "night panel on":cry:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's strange 'cause the dimmer plus or minus isn't working right either, so maybe your right. All the stalks appear to be sealed units, don't fancy changing the whole unit just to find out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys, I think Ipaddis might be right and the button under the cover might be stuck.
I'll go at it on the weekend and post if I get a result.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Fauty button alright, couple of smacks of a screwdriver handle fixed it for a while but it's started again, don't fancy having to buy a complete stalk!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts