Alfa Romeo Forum banner

21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It's a good point, doing things like this can just encourage them to do worse things.
One time at about 6am I was taking my ex to work. On a miniroundabout, some idiot didnt give way and just cut across me, I gave my horn a quick toot, and he obviously took great offence to this, as he proceeded to jam on the brakes and crawl along at a few MPH on the empty road in town. He started indicating left and right, then turned down the street I was going. He continued to go slow and indicate randomly, then turned into an estate, which, thankfully, I didnt need to go into, so I just sped off to get away from the situation.
I will admit I was pretty scared, as I had images of him stopping in the road and getting out and after me. The ex was a little shaken too.

It's easy to get angry and do something in retaliation, but the person on the recieving end can flip and make the situation a whole lot worse...
Were you near blackbird leys by any chance.:D

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I used to live there , it's a lovely place:lol: only moved from there 5 years ago & only sold my house there last year.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Ours was all weekend, when i was a bit younger:D :D :D

D

·
0 Posts
Night time driving is fantastic, I love bombing it down the ring road and have on occasion gone up against some great car's such as 350Z's and brand new BMW's and had a blast even if I got cained.

But to be honest there are so many chavs on the roads these days at night, all nipping out to the local Maccy D's with about 8 of them crammed into one tiny car, lol

My mate has a 1989 GTi 16v and loves kicking their asses in races because at night all that appears to be on the road is chav's!

When I had my Mondeo I went up against a Pulsar and crikey was it fast, the Pulsar that is, lol. I tried my best though and ended up ragging the hell out of my poor car, but the Mondy did good and once it get's going it really goes for it.

The 156 V6 though is a menace on the road, shame the weather and traffic conditions don't allow you to go that quick though any more.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Dumb adolescents turning the roads into their own little Midnight Club seem to be on the rise round here, and they're ruining everything!!
It's a Berkshire thing. The a***hole of the universe.

Some tw*t in an old Golf GTI tried to keep up with me down a bit of dual carriageway, and over a roundabout in Bracknell the other morning.

He kept up on the straight (I didn't break the speed limit), but almost rolled his car as he rejoined the road after the roundabout. Didn't notice that I have AWD and what precisely are the limitations of his 10-year-old Golf. Almost the last thing he ever did.

Hopefully a scary lesson learnt....

D

·
0 Posts
Ah come on!

Chav's are a right laugh in their little modified car's zooming around like they're quick, when in reality the second they come up against a big V6 they get embarrassed in front of all their mates (That are piled into the car like sardines, lol) as I eradicate them and leave them miles behind!

Chav's and their car's are put on this world to be embarrassed by us and our far superior Alfa Romeo's.

So lets get on with it and let the embarrassment commence, lol

·
Registered
879 Posts
Having grown up in Essex (near but thankfully not in Southend on Sea), and now living in Berkshire, I can honestly say that the eastern part of the county (I work in Reading) is getting harder to distinguish from my old stomping grounds. I would hardly call Berkshire the a***hole of the universe though:tut:, Seriously, have you seen Harlow in Essex?:eek: West Berks where I live is very nice and relatively chav-free. There are still a few around to upset, especially when they see the JTD badge. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
I agree its twatish .... ive had same problem in the past on two wheels ! tailgate by a car .... try to get my own back by kicking n/s door in well he was in a citreon !!!!... which even more studpid .. road abuse is on the up ... soon be MAD MAX ROADRAGE>.... TAILGATING AT NIGHT IS DANGEROUS......

R

·
0 Posts
i have to admit I lost it with two kids tailgating me. I did what tom cruise did in Topgun! I hit the brakes and pulled to the left and "they flew right by me". I let them go but caught them at the next roundabout whereby he slammed on the brakes on me so I drove around them on the left hand side powersliding all the way round the outside of their poxy spotty faces! I think they were so impressed by my driving that I got out of a beating or revenge attacks on my car! RESULT!

Chavs! know your place!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I was driving home in the dark the other night and saw a saxo on the M74 without its headlights on. I watched it move in and out of lanes, overtaking people then cutting them up by diving straight in front of them without decent space. Some poor buggers mustv [email protected] themselves, cos they wouldnt have seen it in their mirrors! I didnt know it was little twerps in the car - at first, thought it might have been some daft old bugger that had absentmindedly not put their lights on and was causing chaos. I flashed the car several times when I was behind it. Nothing. I decided to give it a wide berth and overtook it. I glanced round to see it must have had six wee neddy scroats in it - it was packed!! All of them were giving me the finger. Charmed I'm sure. Couldn't believe these little idiots were actually deliberately driving with no headlights on for kicks to scare the bejeezus out of folk on the motorway!!!!

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Thing is, they're looking for a reaction. If you react, you've fallen for it.

Hard not to sometimes though!

D

·
0 Posts
The only reaction they'll get from me is being shot, lol

It's times like that where I wish i stored a blue police siren in the car to stick on the top of the Alfa to stick on and pull them over, lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've always fancied the idea of putting some blue flashing lights behind my grill, just to flick them on in situations like that.
Would get in big trouble if I was seen doing that by the coppers though!

D

·
0 Posts
I've always fancied the idea of putting some blue flashing lights behind my grill, just to flick them on in situations like that.
Would get in big trouble if I was seen doing that by the coppers though!
Well once you do get an Alfa mate you can afford to because the cop's just won't be able to keep up, lol

You can become a Vigalante!!!

21 - 40 of 79 Posts