Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About 18 months ago I had an Idea for a new business adventure, looking for advice I came
across a business lnk outreach project offering free business advice :thumbs:

They arranged for one of their consultants to call round for a chat and he duly arrived...

He told me he was a retired businessman and was putting a little of his knowledge to
good use by offering advice to people such as myself wishing to start up... :thumbs:

He listened with interest to my business plan for an hour jotting stuff down in his book
and left saying he be in contact regarding financing options/start up grants etc...

I received a call a week later as a courtesy and what my feedback as to the advisor was
like...I gave a favourable feedback as he came across as a genuine type of guy :thumbs:
That was the last contact I had from them.:confused:

In the post today I get a letter from them thanking me for my involvement in the project
and they've received the £249.99 De Minimis Aid from the European Regional Development Fund ..Should I require any more advice there is a further 200,000 Euros in De Minimis Aid
available over the next 3 years for me to utilise via themselves :rolleyes:

ffs 250 quid for listening to me waffle on for an hour :eek:
I'm in the wrong game :cry:

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did they actually give you any advice then?
Nope not a sausage :( Never heard a word from them after I gave them feedback about
the advisor :rolleyes:

Just another scam by the looks of things, never cost me nowt so no harm done..
Just galling these people can get away with it being paid money by some bloody idiot
in Brussels ...

·
Banned
4,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crazy!

Never heard of such a thing before.
Must admit I never gave an hours chat with a stranger 18 months ago another thought until
the letter arrived...
They were keen on me signing the paperwork for his visit as I recall.

Nice little earner for them though :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts