Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Very nice. I have been looking at buying from Italy for my next toy car. This is the second article I've read like this in the past few months, the other was a temperamental Alfa Giulia, and I'm feeling better about the prospect all the time.

The Fulvia does look lovely.

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E
17,710 Posts
the car looks terrific, and what a trip! Enjoyed that :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
Its one of the mysteries of FCA that they haven't taken heed of how VAG has come to dominate the car market in the way that it has. Currently they have a raft of cars based on a variety of shared platforms, some old ones, at different price points and luxury levels. FCA have the brands to do this but have dithered about which platforms to position where over the years.

With the desire to push Alfa further up market, there is a gap between the FIAT and Alfa offerings that Lancia could fill. Shared platforms should help keep costs down and give them an identity. The issue is that Lancia doesn't see itself as lower down the pile than Alfa, better that than disappearing altogether though.

I'd love to see FCA use Lancia as its lower cost entry into the PHEV/Electric market. The brand is almost dead now so there is less risk here than using Alfa and they could price at a premium over FIAT. Electric Fulvia Coupe anyone?

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
The Fulvia is one of the prettiest 70's cars around, up there with the Bertone 105 coupe's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts