Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I put a good word in here for two businesses that gave great service when I was trying to get a sub-woofer for my 147? First off it's:
Blaupunkt Direct, the UK's official Blaupunkt audio distributor.
They are the official outlet for Blaupunkt in the UK and Ireland, David Burnell sorted me out with a GTB 200 ASC active sub:
Blaupunkt GTb 200 A SC
and offered to fit it at their base in Bradford. Delivered on time and well-packed in the original unopened retail box with no postage charge.
I wasn't able to go to Bradford, so I made a few enquiries locally and went to Stockport Car Audio:
Stockport Car Audio
where they were more than happy to just fit the sub for me, just try that at your local Halfrauds!
Super neat and fast installation, even though it would not go under the seat, as Blaupunkt intended. I even got a reduction in the quoted price, as it was so simple to install, it runs off the speaker feeds and has no switches or control box to wire up.
Result: Dad-rock sounds wonderful now, you can't beat a thumping sub right behind you when listening to Led Zep, Pink Floyd, Hendrix and Jeff Beck:lol:
No connection to either of these businesses, but great customer service is always welcome and should be shared:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
i didn't have such a great time with blaupunkt direct, ordered a wheel well subwoofer and after a few ominous e-mails they said it would be over a month before it will be in stock, after debiting my account, they did refund me after a couple of weeks, i've now got a pioneer wheel well sub supplied and fitted by a company called dynamic sounds in sunny wandsworth, they did a great job with the fitting, unlike the blaupunkt one i have still got my space saver spare in the boot, you're right about the difference a bit of bass makes :)

·
Administrator
46,141 Posts
Do you mind saying how much the place in Stockport charged you?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts