Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi chaps

Been looking for a new house to move into recently and came across a property here with an independent garage/building that will fit 6 cars easily!!

Car workshop business 'dream' comes to mind!!

All the the price of a house.
1 x 3 bedroom house (for us to live in)
1 x studio flat with independent entrance (leasing opportunity)
1 x office with independent entrance (leasing opportunity)

AND the huge garage workspace!! :D:D:D:D

its in a bad state but I'm looking into it. misses will think I'm crazyyyyy

but dreams can come true :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do it !!! ... if you don't you will regret for the rest of your days... Good Luck with this :)

Any pics of the exterior ?
cheers mate

have to speak with the misses first and if she agrees we'll investigate.
Not the prettiest of areas(or house front) for my young son but that can come in the future.
Its on a main road which is good for business though.
got to start somewhere. most business premises costs a fortune!!
saw a large garage the other week. 1.5 million USD!!!:eek:

front of main house here. I'm assuming the garage entrance is on the right of the photo. garage for the whole building but unused.
3 beds and 2 baths with a small patio at the back. pretty solid house. good hardwood floors inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You have to sell the dream... paint a brighter picture... lay down the law...

I guess you best dream on lol
yep dreaming on. lost my marbles completely apparently!!
of course the misses didn't go for it even with the 2 extra incomes of the small office and flat studio!!!

why do they love to crush your dreams??:rolleyes:

just dream on she said! :lol: not having my man working as a grease monkey coming home stinking of oil and petrol everyday... etc etc

my dream will come true one day if I keep trying

:cry:

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mind you not the best moment to bring it up.

she's been sleeping on average about 4 hours a night lately. she's been starting work at 5am and our son is keeping her awake until midnight most days!

she's running on empty

need to take her on a holiday and bring it up over a few drinks!! :lol:

K

·
0 Posts
being a grease monkey isn't all it's cracked up to be mate :(

had my arm up the back of my 156jtd this evening, cv gease up to my armpit :lol:

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
being a grease monkey isn't all it's cracked up to be mate :(

had my arm up the back of my 156jtd this evening, cv gease up to my armpit :lol:

Lol. Been there done that.
True cv grease is not the most fun!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Dreams do sometimes come tue Brit. Since I retired I have been pottering but I was invited to be interviewed for a part time job - as a restoration mechanic!
I was signed up straight away to work 3 days a week in a large hanger and I have built up a Morris 1000 convertible, serviced a MGTC. Now I have stripped out a Jaguar XJ6 for the engine and suspension to go into a Ronart Kit car - which is on order for delivery end of this month.
As a bonus I have been able to store the Sprint 6C and another couple of my cars there as well......:D

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dreams do sometimes come tue Brit. Since I retired I have been pottering but I was invited to be interviewed for a part time job - as a restoration mechanic!
I was signed up straight away to work 3 days a week in a large hanger and I have built up a Morris 1000 convertible, serviced a MGTC. Now I have stripped out a Jaguar XJ6 for the engine and suspension to go into a Ronart Kit car - which is on order for delivery end of this month.
As a bonus I have been able to store the Sprint 6C and another couple of my cars there as well......:D
nice work opportunities you've had there. :thumbs:
Thanks for the support.:thumbs:

I'll turn 38 this Nov so still time! Hope I don't have to wait until I retire.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Buy it. Think of the space you'll have to buy and park your OWN Alfas, never mind fixing anyone elses!!!:cool:

My wife would never see me again! ! Jaja
Sofa minibar tv not to mention all the restoration projects I could start with that space! !

J

·
0 Posts
Chap here in Ireland is living the dream, factory units are CHEAP to rent or buy here at the minute.

Just a bit of inspiration for you!

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Uhhm, sorry. I'm still not very good with the forum gubbins:eek:

I'll just copy and paste it and not try to be clever!

Marlow's gaff
No wayyy!!!!
You're the man Marlow. And one lucky one!!!

100 quid a month? ??????
I pay around 70 quid for a crappy parking spot on a dirty garage packed with about 100 other cars. Can't work on it and get locked out after midnight! !! Car constantly gets scratched by others also

You are living the dream! !!!

K

·
0 Posts
think the phrase was "£100 less than the previous place" ;)

would be really handy to get that amount of space for £100 a month, may even tempt me to have one!

J

·
0 Posts
The business park I work in has units around that size WITH office space out front, never been leased for 600 euro per month. That's 200 less than I pay for my house!

I like how he has his barbecue indoors aswell, raining? no problem!I tell ya, if I was single...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts