Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Lots of money but looks nice. Being a stickler for originality, I'm not sure I like the gloss black lower half of the car that's been painted. But I am uber fussy!

·
Registered
539 Posts
Unkle Munkle, you are correct, it should be black over graphite grey. Personally I think that original two tone looks better than full colour coding.

I am sure this is the 164 'Leaf I almost bought many years from Red Motori?

The 164 'Leaf is one Alfa I wish I still had..! Nice car but parts for the engine were a nightmare due to the 24v in the 164 being unique to that series of car

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Unkle Munkle, you are correct, it should be black over graphite grey. Personally I think that original two tone looks better than full colour coding.

I am sure this is the 164 'Leaf I almost bought many years from Red Motori?

The 164 'Leaf is one Alfa I wish I still had..! Nice car but parts for the engine were a nightmare due to the 24v in the 164 being unique to that series of car
Yes, agree with you there. It's probably a lovely car but is clearly a resprayed example which isn't a problem for me in itself. I'd just prefer to get it looking original and how it should! But that's just me. I sorely miss my old QV and think I'd still have it now if it hadn't self-combusted! Will have to make do with the 159 and 75.

Still miss the 166 Super but it's changed hands a couple of times since you had it and it looked a bit sorry for itself when I last saw it up for sale on Ebay. Sad really.

Hope all is well with you and your 'collection'!

·
Registered
2,518 Posts
Yum!!! Recaro interior too! :thumbup:

·
Registered
539 Posts
I was lucky enough to have 3 164 'Leafs and all had Tan Recaro interior, it really transforms the interior. The seat bases are lower than the standard seats so you sit in the car not on it.

Also the quality of the Recaro (mega expensive option) leather is far superior to the standard seats and still better than the later Momo leather in the GTV etc.

The last set I had was bought by a 164 enthusiast in Austrailia and shipped over for his car.

Unkle Munkle - I found my photos of the 166, that was a great looking car but as we know, didn't quite match the 164 in my opinion. I did see it on eBay and was surprised about its condition, Glen in Manchester had it. Shame!

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I was lucky enough to have 3 164 'Leafs and all had Tan Recaro interior, it really transforms the interior. The seat bases are lower than the standard seats so you sit in the car not on it.

Also the quality of the Recaro (mega expensive option) leather is far superior to the standard seats and still better than the later Momo leather in the GTV etc.

The last set I had was bought by a 164 enthusiast in Austrailia and shipped over for his car.

Unkle Munkle - I found my photos of the 166, that was a great looking car but as we know, didn't quite match the 164 in my opinion. I did see it on eBay and was surprised about its condition, Glen in Manchester had it. Shame!
Yes, ultra-rare cars now. A car to mothball if you find one! Yes, shame about the 166 but they're not cheap to run...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts