Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the next level of TLC is coming up over the next few weeks.

Nearly new steering rack being fitted (my current one has a bit of play in it)

While the rack is coming out, thought I would fit some tasty Eibach ARB's :inlove:

New horseshoe steering wheel pcb thingy

New rear pads £26 off ebay for brembo pads! Woo!

Replacement NSR Caliper (thanks Dan mate)

New spark plugs

Should be good for a while :)

Getting the alloys refurbished when this is all done, then a local guy I know is giving the car a machine polish and sealing with some nice AG wax :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Just had complete suspsion rebuild,new sump,quiafe,reunder sealed,two new pirelli's on the front & four wheel alinment.Next 330's gtv manifold new power steering pump, two new wings,wheel arch liners & respray.

& just bought a saxso to keep the wife happy:vomit:

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
:thumbs: ive got some of the stuff i need for mine, just waiting for the rest of it and then it can all be fitted at the same time :D can't wait as its been on my 'to do' list since...forever :lol:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Well the next level of TLC is coming up over the next few weeks.

Nearly new steering rack being fitted (my current one has a bit of play in it)

While the rack is coming out, thought I would fit some tasty Eibach ARB's :inlove:

New horseshoe steering wheel pcb thingy

New rear pads £26 off ebay for brembo pads! Woo!

Replacement NSR Caliper (thanks Dan mate)

New spark plugs

Should be good for a while :)

Getting the alloys refurbished when this is all done, then a local guy I know is giving the car a machine polish and sealing with some nice AG wax :)
That's a fair bit of work, you'll be sorted for ages!

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
I bet you can't!! Mines going in for a Quaife on Wednesday and I swear time is going slower :lol:

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ended up needing rear discs too! Car feels amazing on the eibach ARB kit.

Also proof spark plugs can do more then 60K. Mine did 116K! :wow:

Sterling work by Mclennans as usual! :)

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Excellent, the best suspension upgrade was the arbs, really felt a big difference. Can't wait to add my new set to the sportwagon.

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
What setting did u put on the rear, the saloon was put on medium but I'm tempted to put the rear to the tightest setting this time round.

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure, I was going to run it like this for a few weeks then change, but I think to notice the difference you have to put the car on the limit.

If I tighten up the rear arb I would imagine it may make the back end step out a little bit, especially on these terrible roads.

They are definitely the best upgrade, I've been going on about it for ages.

It makes my 117,000 mile suspensions seem a lot tighter too. Much less wallowy and the car doesn't dive after speed bumps.

The spark plugs that were taken out must have been the originals. They were really black. Shows you though that the life expectancy on them is really good and not the 60K recommended. I can't find any mention of them in the service history and I have all the invoices... so....

I will say though that the car runs a lot smoother with the new plugs :cool: Idle especially noticeable different.

No noise from me rear brakes and my handbrake feels really tight (probably because the OSR caliper actually works properly now.

Feels like I'm driving a car with 30k on the clock now :inlove:

·
Registered
23,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks mate, didn't we speak to each other? Think you just got your Q4 unlocked to its full potential. :cool:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts